• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Tis me today

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And looking in fine fettle @Cleav . The epitome of an English gent (although I'm sure everything is Italian save the shoes).

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

And looking in fine fettle @Cleav
. The epitome of an English gent (although I'm sure everything is Italian save the shoes).

Very kind friend.

Ermm, sprung. English shoes, tie and PS though :embar:

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cleav- noice

Any thoughts on this suiting? I like Clags' Minnis tattersall in the navy; this is the mid-gray, same weight. I might get more use out of the solid version tho-

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How *** nobody's commented on this yet, this is like spectacular, like a young Spectre. ( I could see you sitting in his love den wearing that.) Really fine, Betelgeuse.

Thanks! What is "love den"? 
shog%5B1%5D.gif

That special place you take your lover to, to do things lovers do (especially if said lover is not your spouse).

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cleav- noice
Any thoughts on this suiting? I like Clags' Minnis tattersall in the navy; this is the mid-gray, same weight. I might get more use out of the solid version tho-
not sure about that. love it in navy, but not sold on gray based on the swatch. id probably be boring and go solid gray for a suit like that.

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
"That special place you take your lover to, to do things lovers do (especially if said lover is not your spouse."

A little more literal than I originally had in mind, but on point. Thnx for that,

Last edited:

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
not sure about that. love it in navy, but not sold on gray based on the swatch. id probably be boring and go solid gray for a suit like that.

I'm more and more inclined to think boring's best
satisfied.gif

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[in relation to Betelgeuse's fit]
How *** nobody's commented on this yet, this is like spectacular, like a young Spectre. ( I could see you sitting in his love den wearing that.) Really fine, Betelgeuse.

Betel has posted this most excellent jacket several times previously to this. And yes, his taste is always impeccable. I guess everyone is just suffering from jacket fatigue.

Funnily enough, I tried that exact same jacket on the other day, and it doesn't suit me at all. This, despite the fact that I have the same cut of jacket in a different fabric and that one is one of my favourites.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post from the challenge thread.

Btw, here I am demonstrating one of the key qualifications of the professional #menswear-scene: looking super busy on the phone while getting one's picture taken.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads