• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
It's going to take a while for me to recover from the sight of this. Did you actually pay money for that jacket?
tumblr_m05s6yIxeS1r75vuso1_500.gif

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boston can be a charming small city, and October is a good month to visit, meteorologically, if nothing else. As it happens, I grew up outside of Salem, so I am quite familiar with both places. Enjoy your visit.

Thanks - and I agree with your earlier post about faces BTW, although perhaps the downside of keeping the face visible is an over-concentration on things like age or looks as opposed to the clothes. I do have a feeling that if I actually looked more how most men of my age in North America look, the perception of how I dress would be somewhat different... although there are many other reasons to be happy about looking young.

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Noodles, it is remarkable and satisfying to see the difference a more comfortable and classic suit, and a decent pair of shoes, have made to you. Do you feel like twice the man? You look it.

One niggle: SF orthodoxy aside, I'd go for a bigger and/or more symmetrical knot with that wide spread collar. It's totally the right collar for you, but makes that oh-so-nonchalant 4IH look a bit meagre. Also, personally I tend to go with a patterned tie against a solid suit and vice versa - something I have to say I decided after seeing my own pics on SF and realising all solids is dull. Your striped shirt and the tie's texture make this fine, though I think a neat would be even better.

Anyway, this was supposed to be a complimentary post: Noodles, you're looking good.

P.S. Put your face back on, we've seen it before and we're not scared.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sander, that's wonderful

I think basic-ally very good Sander

Arigato.

Looks like fairly nice weather today/ not ungodly hot for meetings Monday

Sartorio navy pinstripe suit
Cipa white shirt
Attolini gray, navy, white tie
Bontoni brown shoes
TF gray frame glasses

Very nice. Normally, I don't like striped ties on striped suits, but this somehow works.

@Sander
 that is a really nice combo! I love the high-collared herringone (?) shirt couple with that tie! Plus, the pocket square gives a nice color pop! 

Wonderfully restrained. I really like this.

Thanks, it really is appreciated.

Pochette by Pucci?

No; tbh, I'm kind of a one-brand-guy when it comes to accessories.

It's white pants day!

Nice fit, but the shoes seem a bit too formal to me for the rest.

In the pink (shirt):

And the tie knot to match!

Sander, this is just superb. I love the strength of that collar. Your easy poses and ready smile all add to an excellent look.

:blush:

Definitely open to suggestions! Ideas? You definitely caught me on the stubble, I need a shave but it's fun to wear a suit or tux without shaving
1f600.png
1f600.png

Normally, I don't comment on things like this since it's hard to judge what fits a person one has never met; but I think it is undisputed, that longer hair with a more classic cut, maybe a side-part (doesn't have to be very rigid) would suit your sartorial style better.

Last edited:

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
Noodles, it is remarkable and satisfying to see the difference a more comfortable and classic suit, and a decent pair of shoes, have made to you. Do you feel like twice the man? You look it.

One niggle: SF orthodoxy aside, I'd go for a bigger and/or more symmetrical knot with that wide spread collar. It's totally the right collar for you, but makes that oh-so-nonchalant 4IH look a bit meagre. Also, personally I tend to go with a patterned tie against a solid suit and vice versa - something I have to say I decided after seeing my own pics on SF and realising all solids is dull. Your striped shirt and the tie's texture make this fine, though I think a neat would be even better.

Anyway, this was supposed to be a complimentary post: Noodles, you're looking good.

Thanks a lot. I have a long way to go to improve myself but I certain do appreciate your compliment and feedback. A neat on this shirt would have been a no-brainer but I just wanted to try something different, albeit it is a bit boring and on the safe side. I do not think that I have ever put my face up on here...
confused.gif

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I went to Boston/Salem this weekend. I got this jacket from Bobby from Boston while I was there. I'm not sure about the pocket square. I tried a solid white, but wasn't feeling it. I kept everything else simple given given the boldness of the jacket.

Bobby's is great! Did you go on sunday? You would have loved SoWa!

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love this! Your last fit was somewhat conservative business dress on the top but you had khakis or dockers and it was like I wish he would just ditch the dockers...then I see this.
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Thanks, Noodles! Looking pretty good yourself there. Also, for the record, I don't actually wear cotton dockers.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Thanks a lot. I have a long way to go to improve myself but I certain do appreciate your compliment and feedback. A neat on this shirt would have been a no-brainer but I just wanted to try something different, albeit it is a bit boring and on the safe side. I do not think that I have ever put my face up on here...
confused.gif

Must have been the Noodles thread. Either way.

And try a Pratt/Shelby or HW. :)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's going to take a while for me to recover from the sight of this. Did you actually pay money for that jacket?

You know, I had been on board with a lot of your feedback comments as of late, but this one is simply asinine and useless. You were doing a really good job not being a jerk for a while. Try sticking with that.

If that was a joke, and it went over my head, I apologize.

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For the record, I'm a few months shy of 59, which, given the demographic around here, makes me older than average by a large degree. As for posting/not posting face shots, that is a very personal issue - I respect those who choose to do so, and equally those who choose not to do so. Personally, I think that showing fit pics without a head is a loss of context, but that's just me - other opinions may differ, and with the myriad number of places one's image can find itself on the Internet, caution in this matter is not without reason.

I'm 66 on August 4. I agree about loss of context, which was really what prompted my query. I do appreciate the intelligent response.

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Noodles, it is remarkable and satisfying to see the difference a more comfortable and classic suit, and a decent pair of shoes, have made to you.  Do you feel like twice the man?  You look it.

One niggle: SF orthodoxy aside, I'd go for a bigger and/or more symmetrical knot with that wide spread collar.  It's totally the right collar for you, but makes that oh-so-nonchalant 4IH look a bit meagre.  Also, personally I tend to go with a patterned tie against a solid suit and vice versa - something I have to say I decided after seeing my own pics on SF and realising all solids is dull.  Your striped shirt and the tie's texture make this fine, though I think a neat would be even better.  

I think Noodles' look is fantastic, navy and green is one of my favourite combinations. I disagree completely about the tie knot - I think it is perfect. There is a perception that a big windsor knot is necessary because of the spread, which is wrong in my opinion. Windsor knots should never be worn at any time - four in hand, half windsor or Pratt are always better.
As for solids, this outfit lacks for nothing because there isn't a pattern in there.
It's odd, people used to be scared of wearing polka dot ties and check jackets, now they worry about an all solid outfit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads