• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

luv2breformed

Reaction score
In fairness, l2b, I'm not sure there was any ill intent here, though admittedly the inquiry is somewhat awkwardly presented. Perhaps he's merely curious about the products these gents offer 4 sale? (paging @sugarbutch : here's an opp to bail your boy out)

I see the irony in me criticizing him for making assumptions when in reality I am assuming the sense in which his post was intended. That said, it felt very accusatory IMO.

FWIW, I didn't say a word on the other issues and have no personal vendetta against Kira. I'm prepared to eat crow if I indeed took his post in the wrong sense.

Last edited:

luv2breformed

Reaction score
It was overcast today so I went with a little darker and more drab palette while still trying to maintain S/S textures and fabrics. The last I tried this jacket I had TOO MUCH contrast. Hopefully this is a bit better. Also, this is my first bingo. As always feedback and criticisms welcome.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was overcast today so I went with a little darker and more drab palette while still trying to maintain S/S textures and fabrics. The last I tried this jacket I had TOO MUCH contrast. Hopefully this is a bit better. Also, this is my first bingo. As always feedback and criticisms welcome.

luv2breformed

Reaction score

Thanks for the feedback! Shirt is blue "university" stripe OCBD. Only 3 colors in various shades brown, blue, green. My standard choice here is light blue OCBD, but I wanted to try for a bingo since I was almost there and a few of the patterns resolve to solid a bit.

I'll grant that perhaps it's a bit busy, but I thought it resolved enough at a distance that it wasn't too bad. Certainly could be wrong.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! Shirt is blue "university" stripe OCBD. Only 3 colors in various shades brown, blue, green. My standard choice here is light blue OCBD, but I wanted to try for a bingo since I was almost there and a few of the patterns resolve to solid a bit.

I'll grant that perhaps it's a bit busy, but I thought it resolved enough at a distance that it wasn't too bad. Certainly could be wrong.

I will say that it looks better in the full-length shots than in the closeups, so in terms of functional use you might be in good shape. Either way, like the all-browns tonality of the jacket/trousers/shoes and the use of the green woven tie.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like it. Love the suede shoes and belt. Great tie, shirt and jacket. They go well together. I'm not crazy about the pocket square. I'm not sure what would have been better.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
braddock, excellent.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Gotta say I'm a bit disappointed by the treatment of Kira in this thread. The piling on was unseemly."

So, the items he's advertising specifically are the tie and pocket square? I see you're a vendor in accessories.

Kira . . .  vendor or not Braddock and Sander are some of the best dressed gentlemen in this thread and are consistently appreciated for their excellent outfits. They do not force their products on anyone and are very respectful participants.

Why don't you learn the lay of the land a bit before making assumptions? As I recall this is not the first time you've been encouraged in this direction either . . .

In fairness, l2b, I'm not sure there was any ill intent here, though admittedly the inquiry is somewhat awkwardly presented. Perhaps he's merely curious about the products these gents offer 4 sale? (paging @sugarbutch: here's an opp to bail your boy out)

Er, what?

Cross thread action.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry, but I gotta agree with heldentenor and AAS -- that square has a sort of purplish blue that doesn't layer perfectly with the other blues involved, and there's straight-up yellow in it. It pulls things down a tiny bit on what is otherwise a very nice rig. The socks are interesting, but I'm not 100% on board with them. I say that as somebody who likes a bit of contrast, especially when doing bals with an odd jacket.

I'm not sure what square would be better -- the green tie with blue dots is a challenging thing to work with, though I think once you solve it, it will be perfect for the jacket. Part of me wonders if this might have been a good time to bend a rule and try white linen with an odd jacket.

All the "hard points" are good. Tailoring, coordination between the big stuff, things like that are very good, in my estimation.

thefoxx, I really like that light blue jacket. Again, I think the bolder-styled tailoring really complements the uncompromising silhouette you go for.

luv2breformed

Reaction score
I like it. Love the suede shoes and belt. Great tie, shirt and jacket. They go well together. I'm not crazy about the pocket square. I'm not sure what would have been better.

Quote:
Sorry, but I gotta agree with heldentenor and AAS -- that square has a sort of purplish blue that doesn't layer perfectly with the other blues involved, and there's straight-up yellow in it. It pulls things down a tiny bit on what is otherwise a very nice rig. The socks are interesting, but I'm not 100% on board with them. I say that as somebody who likes a bit of contrast, especially when doing bals with an odd jacket.

I'm not sure what square would be better -- the green tie with blue dots is a challenging thing to work with, though I think once you solve it, it will be perfect for the jacket. Part of me wonders if this might have been a good time to bend a rule and try white linen with an odd jacket.

All the "hard points" are good. Tailoring, coordination between the big stuff, things like that are very good, in my estimation.

thefoxx, I really like that light blue jacket. Again, I think the bolder-styled tailoring really complements the uncompromising silhouette you go for.

Thanks for the feedback. I've always liked this square with this jacket. I thought that the blue matched the overcheck almost perfectly and the yellow/tan picked up on the color of the buttons. Clearly I have been wrong. I have a gray square that I find myself using often when I am unsure. Maybe it would work well here. I will keep trying because I love this jacket.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:

Thanks for the feedback. I've always liked this square with this jacket. I thought that the blue matched the overcheck almost perfectly and the yellow/tan picked up on the color of the buttons. Clearly I have been wrong. I have a gray square that I find myself using often when I am unsure. Maybe it would work well here. I will keep trying because I love this jacket.
Looking at it on a better screen, the blues look better together now -- a very nice match indeed. While you're right that the buttons do match the yellow, that yellow isn't quite present in the top block. I also tend to ignore buttons as part of a color scheme. That's probably why it looks better in the long shot than in the close-up.

I think if you pulled a little yellow out with the tie (like, a solid shirt and a repp or print with some of that gold/yellow in it), then it could work really well, but to do that without yellow in the cloth of the jacket or in the tie is a little rough for me.

I'm nursing a minor obsession with yellow socks, which might have worked well here.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
"Gotta say I'm a bit disappointed by the treatment of Kira in this thread. The piling on was unseemly."

So, the items he's advertising specifically are the tie and pocket square? I see you're a vendor in accessories.

Kira . . .  vendor or not Braddock and Sander are some of the best dressed gentlemen in this thread and are consistently appreciated for their excellent outfits. They do not force their products on anyone and are very respectful participants.

Why don't you learn the lay of the land a bit before making assumptions? As I recall this is not the first time you've been encouraged in this direction either . . .

In fairness, l2b, I'm not sure there was any ill intent here, though admittedly the inquiry is somewhat awkwardly presented. Perhaps he's merely curious about the products these gents offer 4 sale? (paging @sugarbutch: here's an opp to bail your boy out)

Er, what?

Cross thread action.

Yes, I understood that you were referring to that, but how does this make him "my boy"?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads