• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Father Style

Reaction score
Good combo. A larger collar would improve the look tremendously.
Yes! I absolutely agree. This is an old Lands End Hyde Park Oxford and while I love those shirts, the collars definitely leave something to be desired when paired with a tie.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Casual meetings today so something a little less conservative.
741289B5-6057-4BF1-A98F-A343A0AB8D2D.jpeg
91CC0A91-3438-4616-B6EA-B0E4893B0AD5.jpeg
DAC7DD75-D2C9-46C0-AFC5-9D95802D5EAC.jpeg

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC is seasonably warm, and at least passingly sunny. With my last posting, I had opted against wearing today's pink linen waistcoat with a cream linen suit, but, upon reflection, I decided that, with one or two darker accessories, the items could be worn together without looking like an ice cream vendor or a Fisher-Price toy. I am attending the Met Opera tonight, which will be "Magic Flute", so a fantastical ensemble should be in perfect keeping with a fantastical opera.

Note also included in today's batch of photos one, of my latest indulgences, a pair of black Chelsea boots, and also some "lifestyle" photos, from viewing the Karl Lagerfeld show at the Met, and the Barbara Chase-Riboud/Alberto Giacometti show at the Modern. Enjoy, if you are disposed to do so.

Suit - Brooks Brothers
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Turnbull & Asser
Waistcoat - Ede & Ravenscroft
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis
Pocket square - Seaward & Stearn
Shoes - Crockett & Jones handgrade private label for Paul Stuart
Chelsea boots - J Fitzpatrick

IMG_1319.JPG

IMG_1314.JPG
IMG_1316.JPG
IMG_1317.JPG
IMG_1318.JPG
PXL_20230604_133800967.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20230604_164529457.jpg
PXL_20230604_164904781.MP.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1312.JPG
    IMG_1312.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 25

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC is seasonably warm, and at least passingly sunny. With my last posting, I had opted against wearing today's pink linen waistcoat with a cream linen suit, but, upon reflection, I decided that, with one or two darker accessories, the items could be worn together without looking like an ice cream vendor or a Fisher-Price toy. I am attending the Met Opera tonight, which will be "Magic Flute", so a fantastical ensemble should be in perfect keeping with a fantastical opera.

Note also included in today's batch of photos one, of my latest indulgences, a pair of black Chelsea boots, and also some "lifestyle" photos, from viewing the Karl Lagerfeld show at the Met, and the Barbara Chase-Riboud/Alberto Giacometti show at the Modern. Enjoy, if you are disposed to do so.

Suit - Brooks Brothers
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Turnbull & Asser
Waistcoat - Ede & Ravenscroft
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis
Pocket square - Seaward & Stearn
Shoes - Crockett & Jones handgrade private label for Paul Stuart
Chelsea boots - J Fitzpatrick

View attachment 1970243

That pink waistcoat is beautiful. Definitely at home with the linen suit. I wish the bow tie was a lighter color though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads