• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lwmarti

Reaction score
They are sweet. I wouldnt buy them either but they look cool.
I'm really curious what women would think of those. My wife isn't into clothes/fashion/style/whatever. Can anyone else get some useful female feedback on those?

lwmarti

Reaction score
I'm really curious what women would think of those. My wife isn't into clothes/fashion/style/whatever. Can anyone else get some useful female feedback on those?
OK, I pinged a female friend about these. She's intelligent, educated, classy, and very into fashion. Her opinion is that women would absolutely love these shoes on a man. Only one data point, and a somewhat surprising one.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, I pinged a female friend about these. She's intelligent, educated, classy, and very into fashion. Her opinion is that women would absolutely love these shoes on a man. Only one data point, and a somewhat surprising one.
It isn't surprising at all, in my opinion. Most people love garish nonsense. I can say with 10000% certainty my "fun" socks and heinously tacky Lily Pulitzer print (tropical theme w/neon pink and lime green base) suspenders are my most complimented accessories.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of bold. Happily soliciting opinions on how to pair this suit.
7DEBE123-B2B4-48CA-AB05-93162DBED811.jpeg

Musicianized

Reaction score
My wife did not like them, although, she has no sense of fashion whatsoever.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most women but not all don't know **** about menswear and especially footwear. I asked my wife and she only liked the first picture. She said eww to the rest. She dresses well but isn't into clothing like how I am.

blewnote1

Reaction score
Speaking of bold. Happily soliciting opinions on how to pair this suit.
View attachment 1929873

Bold, as in you'd like some bold tie options? I'm not sure I'm with you on a puppytooth suit being particulary bold!

I don't think I would pair it with a black grenadine though... I feel like the black texture in the suit and the black texture from the tie are in the same pattern size and it isn't doing it for me. Maybe in a burgundy or navy grenadine it would be ok? Or maybe it's just because it's close up, I think the puppytooth might resolve to gray from more than a few feet away and the grenadine will similarly read as a solid.

Anyway, JMR928 had some great suggestions. I'd add polka dots to the mix and second the striped ties and larger patterned foulard ties. I feel like I've seen some better examples than these, but here are a few pairings (some in brown, some in black/white) of larger houndstooth patterns with ties such as those.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We don't dress for compliments from women in real life. We dress for compliments from unknown dudes on the Internet. FACTS!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics