• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The trousers could definitely be slimmer, especially around the thigh as it’s hard to tell whether they need a taper on the bottom with the current break. Although I’ve been told my trousers are too slim so perhaps take with a pinch of salt…

I like the colour and fabric. Looks like a good summer suit. The buttoning point seems really high and the lapels quite slim which may be throwing the proportions off a little?
Yeah I like the color but everything else you mentioned irks me too. Not sure what to do really since I can't change buttoning stance or lapels. I have some other suits from this brand and collection which are better cut and lower stance. Likely this was a one off stylistic difference that I did not notice at the time due to ignorance.

More than likely I will just phase this one out and replace it rather than invest in it. Trousers would still be a nice option as a separate though once altered.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I like the color but everything else you mentioned irks me too. Not sure what to do really since I can't change buttoning stance or lapels. I have some other suits from this brand and collection which are better cut and lower stance. Likely this was a one off stylistic difference that I did not notice at the time due to ignorance.

More than likely I will just phase this one out and replace it rather than invest in it. Trousers would still be a nice option as a separate though once altered.

Honestly, that suit looks really bad.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, that suit looks really bad.
Trust me I am feeling this way every time I have worn it recently and seeing images has reinforced the feeling. I have even looked to see if there is an updated version of the jacket in the same material. I suspect differences in color for material batches make this impossible as well. Likely just a sunk cost and needs to be moved on at this point with something else. I can’t recall if a I bought it or was given it. Either way wasn’t much cost.

Looking to something in linen along the similar color tones.

Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and not to pile on, but I don't get not buttoning the collar buttons. To me, it's not some sprezzatura thing, but more like I forgot to zip up my pants.

Actually it's not something new: a style icon like Gianni Agnelli was used to not button his button-down collars.

RajunCajun

Reaction score
20230219182300_IMG_7198~2.JPG

20230219182736_IMG_7201.JPG

20230219183121_IMG_7204~2.JPG

20230219183601_IMG_7208.JPG

loarbmhs

Reaction score
Actually it's not something new: a style icon like Gianni Agnelli was used to not button his button-down collars.
I'm not questioning that Agnelli did it. I'm saying, regardless of how famous the person is, the buttons weren't there as adornment. They were there to button down the collar, which is how I prefer to wear my button-down shirts.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not questioning that Agnelli did it. I'm saying, regardless of how famous the person is, the buttons weren't there as adornment. They were there to button down the collar, which is how I prefer to wear my button-down shirts.

It's a respectable choice. As it is the opposite one.

The buttons were designed to be done, obviously, but you can also like to have your collar loose.

The same, for example, about the jacket cuff buttons.

Nelton

Reaction score

Yeah I think sadly not much can be done with the jacket as it is just the style of the cut - where is it from? Sometimes it’s better to cut your losses…

Yeah - now I’m in warmer climes I feel like separates will be something I gravitate towards as I don’t love a business suit without a tie (it feels a little unfinished) but separates work better I think.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads