• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still figuring out which ties work with this jacket but the combo felt a little springy even if the weather doesn’t so I grabbed some casual shoes that always feel a little spring summer to me continuing my brown shoe challenge.
View attachment 1924711 View attachment 1924713 View attachment 1924715 View attachment 1924717
I like the tie with this. A little lighter than Navy with a call out to the shoe color if my eyes don’t deceive me.

You may have even been daring enough to add a bit more blue with the pants. If that was too much you could use a square that was another shade blue mixed with some of the other colors just my 2 cents. All depending on the specifics.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the tie with this. A little lighter than Navy with a call out to the shoe color if my eyes don’t deceive me.

You may have even been daring enough to add a bit more blue with the pants. If that was too much you could use a square that was another shade blue mixed with some of the other colors just my 2 cents. All depending on the specifics.
Negatory. There’s no navy and no link with the shoes. Jacket is black and cream. Shoes are brown. Tie is cyan with blue, baby blue, red and magenta.

Markus W

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Negatory. There’s no navy and no link with the shoes. Jacket is black and cream. Shoes are brown. Tie is cyan with blue, baby blue, red and magenta.
The jacket comes off as grey and neutral unless close up.

Cyan is a green-blue to the best of my knowledge. You could go with something in either direction of saturation for the square, but I would go darker so the eyes still go to the tie. The shoes look to have some reddish hues but if not all the same as brown goes with blue trousers and other neutrals which you may find louder.

All about your personal style and taste.

Last edited:

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonal for spring in the South.

EB08BC14-2315-487A-A2EB-C4449C7B5097.png

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Gingham) / checked shirts usually read ‘casual’ to me but IMO they can work in a more formal rig to just take the edge off formality …

(Friggin’ collar popped out - too late now!!😆!)

7BC3654D-9E48-4073-A0B9-21A723E9164B.jpeg
F5493370-3B2B-407F-9273-566915F675F0.jpeg
A69E4949-6746-47EC-B02F-BECD686CB292.jpeg

Sunglasses - JMM ‘Herbie’ in cobalt
Suit - Suitsupply
Shirt, tie and cufflinks - Tyrwhitt
PS - can’t remember, maybe Nieman Last Call?
Socks - can’t remember
Shoes - AE Clifton

Interested in thoughts on shoe colour with this outfit. Burgundy is OK, black would be too harsh I think. When I wear the same suit with a sky butcher stripe shirt and burnt orange tie I wear chili coloured shoes.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice colour composition among the subdued POW pattern on the jacket, the cream of the trousers and the dark brown of the suede shoes. Pleasant colour notes in the socks and the hat. I prefer the POW tie over the fantasy blue one. The pocket square is too colouful in my eyes.

The sleeves look a tad too long.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads