• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Casual Saturday....
IMG_E17760.jpg IMG_E17820.jpg

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Screenshot (137).png

I really like these trousers, the width, the length, the drape. I think they are exemplary for a modern cut on a classic look. I especially appreciate that they are not too baggy on the thigh and have a little tapering, looking rather straight.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like this jacket @psb - do you mind sharing the maker?

I really don’t need any more clothes but several months ago The Rake had a similar one by Di Petrillo IIRC which I hummed and hahed about and ended up passing and its been bugging me ever since.
I like the navy version. Looks a bit more modern and ‘city’ than the brown / tan / gun club / farmer versions.
Having said that I’m struggling to think of an occasion since then at which I would have worn a medium gauge houndstooth jacket so maybe it was t to have passed on it. Anyway - nice jacket!

Reactions: psb

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like when trousers rest on the shoes (like they do for Dorian Green in the pic above), but this is too much. You get an ugly break this way. Have you considered shortening the leg at least an inch?

Yes, I agree on this.

psb

Reaction score
I like this jacket @psb - do you mind sharing the maker?

I really don’t need any more clothes but several months ago The Rake had a similar one by Di Petrillo IIRC which I hummed and hahed about and ended up passing and its been bugging me ever since.
I like the navy version. Looks a bit more modern and ‘city’ than the brown / tan / gun club / farmer versions.
Having said that I’m struggling to think of an occasion since then at which I would have worn a medium gauge houndstooth jacket so maybe it was t to have passed on it. Anyway - nice jacket!
Thank you. This is a Chester Barry Jacket.
I know of similar ones from Brioni, also in navy and off white like thi one.

IMG_20221205_194821_edit_418001140131523.jpg

IMG_20221205_194829_edit_418016351927354.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads