• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Toowoombarbarian

Reaction score
I'm an absolute rookie at taking pics, sorry lads.
photo_2022-12-02_15-21-24.jpg
photo_2022-12-02_15-19-39.jpg
photo_2022-12-02_15-21-25.jpg

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a suit made up from a London Lounge tweed inspired by a suit worn by the character of Charles Ryder (played by Jeremy Irons) in the BBC adaption of Brideshead Revisited. Here are some single frames exported from video I shot for an Instagram Reel. If anyone would like to see the entire video, you can find it on my Insta, here.

Here are the stills:
View attachment 1863170
View attachment 1863171
View attachment 1863172

And I do wish someone had told me about my shirt collar! :brick:

Beautiful suit!

Casual Friday, with Albert Thurston portable suspenders buttons. Great for the belt averse. View attachment 1863354 View attachment 1863355 View attachment 1863356

I love the casual vibe even with a DB sportcoat and tie..... nicely done.

How do you find the portable buttons stay in place??

khughes44

Reaction score
Beautiful suit!

I love the casual vibe even with a DB sportcoat and tie..... nicely done.

How do you find the portable buttons stay in place??
@hpreston Thank you H. The buttons work well; I’ve never has a complaint. The DB jacket is as easy and soft as I could find, befitting a retired person. I no longer dress for business, and no longer want to look like I do. It’s all softness and comfort now.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some Christmas decorations and me at the Biltmore Hotel.

IMG_3852 2.jpeg

Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece suit, Vineyard Vines Christmas tie, L L Bean blue OCBD shirt, Squaretraordinaire pocket square, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

Champagne and me at the Gallery Bar in the Biltmore Hotel.

Now the whole world knows my red and green Christmas socks aren't over-the-calf socks. I'm probably on Santa's "naughty" list now.

IMG_3859.jpeg

Two more "Downtown Saturday Night" pictures at the Gallery Bar in the Biltmore Hotel.

IMG_3866.jpeg

IMG_3864.jpeg

Yes, there is a bigger Christmas Tree at the Biltmore Hotel.

IMG_3851.jpeg

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Contrasting feelings on this: on one side I like the colour combination and the trousers have a lovely shape and drape, on the other I wouldn't wear a solid red jacket (even though not so bright as this one) and dislike metal buttons. The beige cardigan tunes harmoniously the other colours. The whole is pretty pleasant.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the shirt collar intentional outside the vest? Pants are dope.

Interesting observation. Curious about the subject. I usually wear the shirt collar inside a vest or a jumper, the more with a tie, but wouldn't find it unpleasant worn outside in a more casual context. You can see this mode in older pictures, where men wear their large collars outside the jumpers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads