• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Happy Thursday all, today I'm wearing my just delivered suit from Indochino. Now before you go off on me for going with Indochino over some place like Spier & McKay or SuitSupply, I do understand the quality difference and the only reason I went with Indochino was that I fell in love with this fabric. I'm a bit disappointed with the fit of the jacket; the gorge seems much too high and it doesn't show off enough of my shirt and tie for my taste. But what do you all think? Very much looking for feedback if I should go back to Nordstrom and demand a remake of the jacket. Thanks in advance for the feedback! View attachment 1863023
You absolutely shouldn't give up on tailored clothing, but I suspect that vendors like Indochino and Suit Supply will not be able to fit your body. Given that this suit just doesn't fit, I don't think you have much to lose by requesting a remake, but I would not get another suit from them. Their cuts and proportions IMO look good on slim guys who don't have much ass. Don't know where you're located, but one of the traveling tailors like Hemrajani might be a better choice if you truly can't work with RTW options.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC, after a day of rain and high winds, is sunny but much colder, though entirely appropriate for December. The holiday party cycle has begun - this evening's is a party at a boutique interior designer's showroom and living space. She is, from all descriptions, a maximalist, her designs harking back to a grander era, such that I thought it fitting that I "maximalize" myself for the occasion. Not knowing the coat room situation at this venue, I've opted for a cap, rather than a proper hat, if only to ensure that nothing untoward will happen to my headgear, but, otherwise, I'm letting my taste for formality out for a nice long walk.

Suit, scarf, cap & shoes - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Hilditch & Key
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
Braces - New & Lingwood
Pocket square - Polo Ralph Lauren
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud

IMG_0553.JPG

IMG_0547.JPG
IMG_0549.JPG
IMG_0550.JPG
IMG_0551.JPG
IMG_0552.JPG

jong851

Reaction score
The weather in NYC, after a day of rain and high winds, is sunny but much colder, though entirely appropriate for December. The holiday party cycle has begun - this evening's is a party at a boutique interior designer's showroom and living space. She is, from all descriptions, a maximalist, her designs harking back to a grander era, such that I thought it fitting that I "maximalize" myself for the occasion. Not knowing the coat room situation at this venue, I've opted for a cap, rather than a proper hat, if only to ensure that nothing untoward will happen to my headgear, but, otherwise, I'm letting my taste for formality out for a nice long walk.

Suit, scarf, cap & shoes - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Hilditch & Key
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
Braces - New & Lingwood
Pocket square - Polo Ralph Lauren
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud

View attachment 1863118

Good look, Crusty. Cap with flaps would keep you warmer, though. But you might not like the Northwoodsman look as I do.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a suit made up from a London Lounge tweed inspired by a suit worn by the character of Charles Ryder (played by Jeremy Irons) in the BBC adaption of Brideshead Revisited. Here are some single frames exported from video I shot for an Instagram Reel. If anyone would like to see the entire video, you can find it on my Insta, here.

Here are the stills:
Brideshead 2.jpg

Brideshead 3.jpg

Brideshead 1.jpg

And I do wish someone had told me about my shirt collar! :brick:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry but this looks ridiculous. I know you are built like a ******* tank, but having a slim/skinny cut like that does not flatter you what so ever. With a body type like you, I would not trust cheapish MTM like Indochino or even SuSu or S&M.
I can’t remember the user name but there used to be a fella post on here - I think he was Nigerian but was a lawyer living in London. He had twin boys and would dress them up in matching head to toe Ralph Lauren outfits.

Anyway he had a similar mesomorphic build and would also post pics in skin tight suits He was impervious to the regular criticism so I think people just gave up commenting. He disappeared for a while then returned with a few fit pics in vastly improved suits that were nicely tailored to his frame so I guess he finally saw the light … then disappeared again. Anyway if anyone remembers who I’m on about and can dig up some of his later posts it might serve as a pictorial guide as to what can be possible when one relinquishes the sausage skin.

nubirth

Reaction score
Taking a leaf out of Simon Crompton's book blog. His recent post on wearing a cream jacket inspired me to wear one of mine with brown linen trousers, a combination I'd never previously considered.
View attachment 1413834 View attachment 1413835

My shirt is by Camessi and the square provides "a pop of color", and is one I recently picked up from the wonderful lady at Sera Fine Silk.
Did you have a hard or easy time ordering and getting your shirt from Camessi? I'm in the United States. Thanks.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite nice. Love tweed 3 piecers, though don't own 1. Wouldn't get 1 now given I'm retired and would never have occasion to wear it.:)
You can wear a three piece suit anywhere you want. Do what makes you happy.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you have a hard or easy time ordering and getting your shirt from Camessi? I'm in the United States. Thanks.
Very easy. Beautiful shirts, easy process. I can recommend them.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a suit made up from a London Lounge tweed inspired by a suit worn by the character of Charles Ryder (played by Jeremy Irons) in the BBC adaption of Brideshead Revisited. Here are some single frames exported from video I shot for an Instagram Reel. If anyone would like to see the entire video, you can find it on my Insta, here.

Here are the stills:
View attachment 1863170
View attachment 1863171
View attachment 1863172

And I do wish someone had told me about my shirt collar! :brick:
That cloth turned out fantastic. Nice choices on the make.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads