• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20221004_194714.jpg

20221004_194658.jpg

20221004_195007.jpg

20221004_194741.jpg

20221004_194906.jpg

20221004_195115.jpg

20221004_184814.jpg

Druddra

Reaction score
amazing shirt! Very nice countryside gentleman look. i even like the denim trousers. It's true that as they sayed there is a contrast between the informality of the cloth with the formality of the cut, but i don't mind it. it's different, but interesting. Iam of the opinion that pleats should go everywhere, so maybe i am not a fair judge 😅

Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not so sure about this outfit. I like the overall impression, the colour combination, the strong contrast between the neutral beige of the jacket and the bold blue of the trousers, but (traditional) denim is not the best choice, as I see. I would replace it with cord, certainly the most traditional option, or with a kind of wool denim, as shown here:

large.jpg

I like that shirt, finally no button-down collar.

Druddra

Reaction score
By the way, this denim jacket looks very good in my eyes, but I would be concerned how it will age.

View attachment 1840013
it will crease and will fade. it's normal for denim. it's the same concempt of linen, no matter what it's going to wrikle. You have to like the look. i think the parisian gentleman's has a bespoke denim suit. i think could be a fun piece with an iteresting patina.

Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it will crease and will fade. it's normal for denim. it's the same concempt of linen, no matter what it's going to wrikle. You have to like the look. i think the parisian gentleman's has a bespoke denim suit. i think could be a fun piece with an iteresting patina.

Yes, it probably will. I mean, would I like that look? Honestly, with all the cloth options you have for your tailored wardrobe, denim would not be among the first ones.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beyond an aesthetic point, I would say that I understand the desire and the attempts to incorporate denim, the most used fabric in the world, into tailored clothing, but it goes against its nature, as it is eminently casual and suits work and casual wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads