• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC remains cool and sunny, with s slight breeze. There is a members' only night this evening at the Met Museum, of which I am taking advantage, and also the cool weather, to wear something flannel.

For Throwback Thursday, included with today's photos are two from this date, some 12 years ago, showing me with brown hair, a Van Dyke, fatter, and with trousers that were way too long. I've learned a thing or two since then.

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - London-York
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - Brooks Brothers
Braces - Albert Thurston via Paul Stuart, NYC
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Crockett & Jones private label for Paul Stuart

IMG_7562.JPG

IMG_7556.JPG
IMG_7558.JPG
IMG_7559.JPG
IMG_7561.JPG
P1020003.JPG
P1020006.JPG

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want a new double breasted blazer. This one doesn’t fit me as well as I’d like.

View attachment 1838037
View attachment 1838039
View attachment 1838038
View attachment 1838040
Yeah, they don't show up in the photos. Just personal things. I had the shoulder pads removed so the shoulders are a little weird. I think the waist is too compressed and the skirt flairs too much. The buttons keep coming off. It's a wool/poly blend so it's not a breathable as I'd like. I think the button stance is a little off, but not by a lot. Small things that all add up.

jong851

Reaction score
Yeah, they don't show up in the photos. Just personal things. I had the shoulder pads removed so the shoulders are a little weird. I think the waist is too compressed and the skirt flairs too much. The buttons keep coming off. It's a wool/poly blend so it's not a breathable as I'd like. I think the button stance is a little off, but not by a lot. Small things that all add up.
I did notice a very slight skirt flaring now that you mention it and wool/poly not the best material.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want a new double breasted blazer. This one doesn’t fit me as well as I’d like.

View attachment 1838037
View attachment 1838039
View attachment 1838038
View attachment 1838040

Frankly I rather like this outfit, but I understand your reasons for not being totally happy with it. I can see that the shoulder line is not totally clean and obviously I also would avoid any percentage of synthetic fibres in the cloth. On the other hand I very much like the wide leg trousers and the colour composition. In my eyes this attire is so much better than your previous one with the three piece suit.

loarbmhs

Reaction score

View attachment 1838037
View attachment 1838039
View attachment 1838038
View attachment 1838040
I think you're being far too critical. With the exception of some puckering on your shoulders at the clavicle, looks pretty darn good to me, despite your reservations on the fabric, button stance, etc. Before I'd spend any money on another one, I'd suggest that you go to a tailor you trust, let them know whatever you don't like and see if they can fix it. Good luck!

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Frankly I rather like this outfit, but I understand your reasons for not being totally happy with it. I can see that the shoulder line is not totally clean and obviously I also would avoid any percentage of synthetic fibres in the cloth. On the other hand I very much like the wide leg trousers and the colour composition. In my eyes this attire is so much better than your previous one with the three piece suit.
I know we all like what we like. But if you like this outfit "so much better" than the three piece suit, we just can't be friends. :lol: That was my favorite fit of the year so far. We can agree to disagree.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads