• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A summertime Ivy League/trade fit today.
7C765D68-8106-45F4-B28F-3F3B1ABB98F3.jpeg
A915E276-E6DA-48B4-B79A-1D4DC15F1669.jpeg
0D9F0727-F469-4374-BD35-DA30E3175CC0.jpeg

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think he means the jacket sleeve? One looks quite a bit longer than the other
It does just did not adjust the sleeve to full length!! Need to be super cautious while taking pictures and posting here!! Nothing wrong with the jacket sleeve or shirt sleeve but it is in that picture. I need to devote more time while taking pictures for the SF gents!!

Cheers

Camerashy

Reaction score
It does just did not adjust the sleeve to full length!! Need to be super cautious while taking pictures and posting here!! Nothing wrong with the jacket sleeve or shirt sleeve but it is in that picture. I need to devote more time while taking pictures for the SF gents!!

Cheers

yes we don’t just accept anything here

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was 26oC in Copenhagen today at its warmest. Meanwhile, in Rio, in the middle of the winter, it is 29oC. The weather here is dry. Not a single drop of sweat was shed.

2D05034F-4126-4E6D-A7CB-767C75CA1BC0.png

Idk what Scandinavia you are talking about. It's been +32 here for a few days. I am planning to relocate to either Iceland or one of the poles
Idk what Scandinavia you are talking about. It's been +32 here for a few days. I am planning to relocate to either Iceland or one of the poles

jiredell

Reaction score
No idea if my outfit is good or not, but here it is.

View attachment 1807559
You look great! Since you’re such a big guy, there are a few things I’d suggest, if you don’t mind. And I offer these as a big guy myself, although I cannot hold a candle to you (this, meant as a compliment).

The jacket looks great, especially through the shoulders, chest, and the waist being slender. This flatters your naturally (or built!) large upperbody build. But if you can get a longer jacket, one that covers your butt and comes lower in front of your crotch, eg, if you can just curl your fingertips under the main hem of the jacket, that would help to balance your broad frame with your height.

Your trousers in this photo look a bit tight, and I’m guessing you might feel more comfortable in something a bit fuller in the thigh, but a trouser that tapers down to your shoes. This would also be flattering on you, IMO. Pleats, I think, would be great for you, as they’d give you the room you’d need higher up, but would drape nice and give you clean lines vertically. In addition to this, wearing your trousers with braces (suspenders) will help to keep the lines clean.

Lastly, on a guy like yourself, IMO, a fedora would look stellar. It would accent your height, elongate your profile, and make people who look at you do looking up and down, as opposed to noticing your bulk (which I might add is in itself not a bad thing, but if you can balance these things is a plus).

Oh, one last thing: your shoes look fine. Without knowing too much about your feet based on these limited pics, it looks like you’ve fairly dainty feet, and if that is indeed the case, look into slender-waisted dress shoes (that is, the middle part of the shoe—the arch), shoes that hug your feet and accent the gracefulness there. On the other side of the spectrum, if I’m wrong about how your feet appear in these pics, and/or if the kind of shoes I’m talking about have proved uncomfortable for you in the past/present, you’d probably look really great in traditional American-style shoes, such as bucks, plain toe bluchers, and saddle shoes.

Not sure if this is helpful. But rest assured that you’re already looking 1000% better than most men walking around out there.

HistoryBuff1812

Reaction score
You look great! Since you’re such a big guy, there are a few things I’d suggest, if you don’t mind. And I offer these as a big guy myself, although I cannot hold a candle to you (this, meant as a compliment).

Thank you for all the feedback. I agree with almost everything you said, especially regarding my pants. These were from about a year ago and I have unfortunately put on some unwanted weight since I got them (also they're definitely too short as well). I do wear only a size 9 shoe so I suppose compared to the rest of my body they are small in comparison so I will look into shoes with the characteristics you mentioned.
In regards to hats; unfortunately they have such a negative connotation in my mind (*tips fedora* "m'lady" type of stuff) that I don't think I'll ever be the guy who sports a classic men's hat.
Thank you for your comment again!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads