• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What color jacket (maybe none) do you think would work well with this denim?

Thanks. Jacket is not part of a suit.
Any of the other typical colors. Gray, brown/tan, green. Patchwork madras would also work since it has "visual" texture.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Standing in front of the Chris Lowbutton shoe store on the Avenue des Chumps-Élysées on the way to the Spring 2022 Beverly Hills Art Show in Beverly Gardens Park.

Those keeping score at home may notice the banners and awnings are the same color as the soles of Chris Lowbutton shoes.

IMG_1881.jpeg

Brooks Brothers blue blazer, Ted Baker tie, Hermes pocket square, L L Bean blue OCBD shirt, Nordstrom sweater vest, Polo Golf yellow corduroy trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

Weren't many tourists taking their picture in front of the Lily Pond today. Before the city fixed the back of the "Beverly Hills" sign, tourists used to climb up into the sign and take pictures. Mostly the tourists sat of the E's and the L's. The other letters were harder in interact with.

IMG_1899.jpeg

Close up of the shoes, which date ftrom the Allen-Edmonds "Made To Order" era when you could order (almost) anything you wanted. These are Horween English Tan Dublin Leather McAllisters with split reverse welts, antique brass eyelets, flat laces, and Dainite soles.

IMG_1878.jpeg

Last edited:

Imperatores

Reaction score
er...yes, the SF crowd skews older and wants to look even older. It is fine if people want to look like they fought in the Korean War...

I will continue my anti-loafer crusade, tinfoil hat and all... We live in a world in which trying to convince people with data is impossible, in any case. I must argue on merit.

Keep fighting the good fight, my man. Almost any outfit with loafers is worse off as a result. It's one of the few menswear staples I just can't stand. Completely agree that double monks are the superior choice, and that loafers definitely carries strong old man connotations.

Semil

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads