• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chadclass

Reaction score
I decided to pull out a wool-silk-linen jacket from Isaia today.
9FB69FE9-A631-45C5-82E3-E7CE9EA05E23.jpeg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC is overcast, can cooler than average for this time of year, such that I can sneak in one last wearing of something autumnal/wintry without fear of heat prostration. With the latest Friday Challenge, I also have the chance to wear Chelsea/jodhpur/side zip boots, something I've not done in a long while, and this particular pair hasn't seen the light of day in a very long time indeed, hence their feature today, in this ensemble of random chance elements.

Sports jacket & tie - Paul Stuart
Shirt & trousers - Brooks Brothers
Pocket square - New & Lingwood
Boots - Cheaney

IMG_7223.JPG

IMG_7218.JPG
IMG_7220.JPG
IMG_7221.JPG
IMG_7222.JPG

Father Style

Reaction score
Made an appearance in the office yesterday. It was cool enough for tweed so I took advantage.
Brown tweed checked jacket, blue OCBD, khaki chinos, white linen square, unseen brown derbies.
I can't really explain why this particular outfit brought me so much joy, but it did. So simple and comfortable.
The work bathroom has better lighting than my home office, apparently.
Also, is my hair really that grey?

IMG_0008.jpg

fatherstyle.com

tweedlover

Reaction score
Was struggling with whether I liked the aqua color of your pants. Maybe, maybe not but, as to the photo of the purple socks up against the aqua pants, that definitely hit a visual roadblock for me as I don't think purple harmonizes well with aqua.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
er...yes, the SF crowd skews older and wants to look even older. It is fine if people want to look like they fought in the Korean War...

I will continue my anti-loafer crusade, tinfoil hat and all... We live in a world in which trying to convince people with data is impossible, in any case. I must argue on merit.

Chadclass

Reaction score
er...yes, the SF crowd skews older and wants to look even older. It is fine if people want to look like they fought in the Korean War...

I will continue my anti-loafer crusade, tinfoil hat and all... We live in a world in which trying to convince people with data is impossible, in any case. I must argue on merit.

No, you make a fantastic argument and I'm tempted to put on that hat as well. But, I'm a sucker for a nice suede pair of loafers with no socks ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads