• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The outfit is indeed great. And only because it is such a nice ensemble, it is fair to comment on the loafers. You always punch up! I just couldn't resist the joke. I tried, I really tried. But I would lose my citizenship if the Brazilian government were to find out I left the opportunity of a good joke pass without taking advantage of it.

Hey, I don't make the rules.

Loafers and outfit look great.

Don't mind @bernoulli . A pair of loafers stole his bike when he was a kid and he hasn't gotten over it. Seeing them brings up bad memories. :lol:

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One more suit for the week. I thankfully won’t have to come to the office much more than twice a week. However this is a reminder I desperately need to lose some weight.

BD6496B0-2D75-4408-ADF2-9DBBCD6B9313.jpeg

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC today is mostly sunny, with comfortable temperatures and humidity (yesterday was very humid in contrast), such that I could not afford to miss the opportunity to suit up while the weather was fine.

Today's suit was next in rotation, certainly the most lightly constructed suit I own. With a plaid this bold, it was something of a challenge to find accessories to go with it, but I believe that I've met the assignment, at the very least.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Thomas Pink
Cufflinks - The Art Gallery of Vancouver, BC
Braces - Lewin
Pocket square - Brooks Brothers
Shoes - Edward Green (my only pair of EG, a happy accident from a warehouse sale at Brooks Brothers the season that they discontinued Edward Green)

IMG_7215.JPG

IMG_7210.JPG
IMG_7212.JPG
IMG_7213.JPG
IMG_7214.JPG

loarbmhs

Reaction score
Linen/wool/silk suit & linen shirt. Why do I have 4 solid pink shirts?

View attachment 1792943 View attachment 1792944
Nice suit and fits you great in the shoulders. Three suggestions: 1) Go with a black dress belt; a brown woven one is too casual, 2) Let's see it with a tie to complete the look and 3) based on the photo, the waist is nipped in too much, and is pulling on you—might want to let it out, just a bit.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spring hasn't sprung here yet.

Went to Century City (West Los Angeles) this morning, Went to the Container Store, the Allen-Edmonds store, and the Apple Store where the iPhone was updated to iOS 15.5.

IMG_1847.jpeg

Dunn & Company tweed hat, Brooks Brothers tweed jacker, BB#1 stripe tie, and pocket square, old Viyella (55%-45% Made In Scotland) sweater vest, L L Bean OCBD shirt and corduroy trousers (as I get older I keep shrinking and my trousers have to be shortened over and over again), and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

Close up of the hat.

IMG_1866 2.jpeg

The close up was taken in the TV+ "Prehistoric Planet" pop-up exhibit in Century City.

IMG_1861.jpeg

Close up of the shoes. Same shoes I wore in the last pictures I posted. They are very comfortable to walk around in and just had new heels put on, so they are now good for another ten miles before they need new heels again.

IMG_1830.jpeg

Extra Added Attraction: Something for both theater fans and education fans as well as another shameless plug for one of my younger brother's shows.

Last night two traditions, "The Show Must Go On" and "The Graduation Must Go On"happened at one of his shoes.

The understudy had to go on and miss her graduation, so her graduation came to her at the end of the show. Someday she will show her graduation pictures to her children and her grandchildren.

Amidé

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
With nice spring weather in our part of the globe it’s time to break out the more lightweight fabrics, like these linen Luxire trousers, and Amidé Hadelin wool/silk/linen tie.

14ED8FEC-8CD6-4D9D-80F9-9C49DB980F90.jpeg
A37019EF-F1D9-428A-93B5-266A3BEB0897.jpeg
4A8CB820-5049-41B5-BCEF-6241CBE74DE9.jpeg
46E2633A-1EEB-45B0-8DBB-D38C4D1CB3A2.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 27 17.6%

Forum statistics

Threads