• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
30775D7F-E1A3-4FE5-A344-669E30E4B4B2.jpeg
F236F7C1-BC6D-4D2A-B328-49A34780F90B.jpeg
43FF4F20-6886-4B56-9BDE-A3686466E8FD.jpeg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perfect. Could you please share details on the pocket watch?

The watch is a brand call Royal London, an inexpensive mechanical watch (it needs winding every 24 hours or so), which has great sentimental value for me, as it was bought for me by my current husband before we were married. (Note: I only know its relative price because I looked up the brand online, in order to assure myself that my partner/not yet husband hadn't overspent on a present for me, which, the fiscally sound person that he is, he hadn't.)

SJTM

Reaction score
The watch is a brand call Royal London, an inexpensive mechanical watch (it needs winding every 24 hours or so), which has great sentimental value for me, as it was bought for me by my current husband before we were married. (Note: I only know its relative price because I looked up the brand online, in order to assure myself that my partner/not yet husband hadn't overspent on a present for me, which, the fiscally sound person that he is, he hadn't.)
Not sure the price of a watch matters - particularly if it has great sentimental value.

thanks.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure the price of a watch matters - particularly if it has great sentimental value.

thanks.

The watch, the chain, and the compass on the other end of the chain all have meaning well beyond their monetary value - the watch, as a most thoughtful present, and the chain and compass, as they were found among my late father's effects after his passing.

Reactions: psb

SJTM

Reaction score
The watch, the chain, and the compass on the other end of the chain all have meaning well beyond their monetary value - the watch, as a most thoughtful present, and the chain and compass, as they were found among my late father's effects after his passing.
Priceless then.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now seriously, many people here can pull off things that I would never consider doing, such as loafers, cardigans etc. Variety is good as we avoid groupthink. We also learn from other people's choices, even if they are not our own. For instance, @An Acute Style can pull off knitwear with a tailored jacket in a way I would never be able to. Kudos to him and whoever wants to join the fray. This forum would be pretty boring if we were all posting similar fits.

Here, it is a beautiful autumn day and it is time to wear something that is also not for everyone.

IMG_4265.jpg
IMG_4278.jpg

Last edited:

monkey66

Reaction score
First outing for these, new to me, Alfred Sargent Bloomsbury shoes. I believe these are the Centenary edition that would place them 1999'ish. The condition is really good I gave them a bit of a condition and polish. They have covert welt and some nice nail-work on the heel. They appeared to have a lot of burgundy wax that Revenature removed a little, I suspect the original shade was more Mahogany/chestnut but I love the patina and depending on the light they are either burgundy or brown. The leather is soft, no blemishes and a really good fit for me.

I get pleasure from giving these old items a new lease of life.

Of course I wore knitwear with tailoring today.
P1020072 copy.jpg

P1020069 copy.jpg

P1020077 copy.jpg

P1020086 copy.jpg

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking sharp as always, but I can't but notice that the trousers are a tad shorter than your usual length. Which makes me suspect that the suit is one of your Spier & Mackay suits, right?

This drives me nuts with them. I love their stuff, but the inseam length is always hit or miss: either they nail it or the trousers are 0,5" too short. 0,5" is within acceptable margin of error, but then again, the inseam measurement is probably the easiest to get right and also one of the most critical for those of us that prefer no break where the trousers hover above the shoes/sits at the second lacing hole. I just wish they could nail that.

/End rant.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads