• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving (to the Yanks)
8AEA9A18-7F07-40B7-859B-10F4C12B33ED.jpeg

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About to go around the corner and in the door of Ye Olde King's Head in Santa Monica CA for my Thanksgiving meal. It was around 75F and sunny here today.

IMG_7909.jpeg

Brooks Brothers machine washable (which I have done many times) pre Officious Preppy Handbook cotton and polyester suit, ecru PPBD shirt, and tie (in my old school colors), Polo Golf Fair Isle sweater vest, Tommy Hilfiger pocket square, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

For fans of "Piece-Of-A-Person" pictures, a piece of a person with turkey picture. Ate everything except the Brussels Sprouts. Hard Cider goes well with turkey.

IMG_7910.jpeg

For fans of random seasonal pictures, that old American Christmas tradition, a mall Christmas Tree. This one is on the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica CA.

IMG_7900.jpeg

For fans of unique season pictures, Santa Monica Place (a mall) is surrounded with wire to keep the looters out.

IMG_7899.jpeg

There are also lots of police cars.

IMG_7898.jpeg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC is overcast, but the morning's rain has stopped, and after two days of casual slobbery, for prepping and assembling (and eating) the Thanksgiving feast, I've opted to dress up again. We were supposed to be having dinner with friends from out of town this evening, save for the fact that one of the friends experienced a significant medical emergency, a most unfortunate event, thus scuttling dinner plans. As it is, we've got more than enough leftovers upon which to gorge, so starvation will not be a problem for a while, at least.

The weather is still damp, so layers of flannel are required.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - The Victoria & Albert Museum, South Kensington, London
Braces - Albert Thurston
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Hickey Freeman
Hat - Laird, London

IMG_6493.JPG

IMG_6486.JPG
IMG_6488.JPG
IMG_6489.JPG
IMG_6490.JPG
IMG_6491.JPG

Brennenman

Reaction score
One more day til gameday, today I’m wearing my tic weave Tom James suit today with some red suspenders I’m also wearing some vintage double sided cufflinks made from I believe is onyx, I’ve really been digging the look of these cufflinks, also got another funny meme that sums up how crazy some people get with this rivalry.
2F7B4629-4BF1-4A22-8BE3-1D93C6A3D770.jpeg
58435863-C656-4D32-9163-2BA0906CCDC0.jpeg
0629DE04-4419-4E50-915D-1EFED7505611.jpeg
D516D3E5-624C-4D44-AE32-8F59A96EED47.png

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t love the tie, but dig the use of colors with what I consider (admittedly, I’m a bore) a sober suit. What color is the shirt?

This is actually a favorite tie of mine ? but it’s so hard to capture on literally any camera. But it really is a sober suit, I think that’s why my brain tried to force a clash a little. The shirt is actually a very light (color and weight) grey flannel.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads