• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I Can Only Wish! Tweed In (30) Days!

20211016_191413.jpg

20211016_191407.jpg

20211016_192239.jpg

20211016_191746.jpg

Went Shopping Without The Jacket!

Grabatologist

Reaction score
I Can Only Wish! Tweed In (30) Days!

View attachment 1686869

View attachment 1686870

View attachment 1686872

View attachment 1686880

Went Shopping Without The Jacket!

1st Step, that jacket looks amazing :inlove: Wish I had one like that!

Tweed season is very much here in the Netherlands. I love the kind of autumn weather where you can wear tweed jackets without having to wear a coat, though the awesome coat posted by @DonRaphael might change my perspective...

I had a friend from another country over a few days ago; can you guess which one is me? The waistcoat is a suede one that I recently acquired at a thrift store (basically for free:slayer:), and the trousers are brown corduroys. My friend said I was dressed like Tolkien... I would consider that as a compliment!

Styleforum 17-10 2.jpg

I also wore this jacket with this yellow tie (Ralph Lauren PL) to work last week.

Styleforum 17-10 3.jpg

I've posted this next sport coat (also Harris Tweed) on this forum once before already, but just can't get enough of it:inlove:
I promise I will post fits with other jackets though!

Styleforum 17-10 1.jpg

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've posted this next sport coat

I know many of us seem to have unending wardrobes, but it is more than fine to post the same jacket more than once here. I once wore the same jacket a week straight because I really liked it.

Today's cold weather required a donegal overcoat, scarf and gloves (and, uncommon for me, a wool tie).
View attachment 1687481 View attachment 1687482 View attachment 1687483 View attachment 1687484 View attachment 1687485 View attachment 1687486

I’m extremely jealous of the drape and crease in those pants. Impeccable fit.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m extremely jealous of the drape and crease in those pants. Impeccable fit.
Thanks, mate. Appreciate your kind words. Coming from such a well dressed fellow as yourself, this is truly a great compliment.

I'm getting rid of all excess weight I've accumulated during the pandemic, so hopefully my clothes will fit as they should henceforth. At least most of them.

Very nice tie, but, is it blue/grey or brown? Lighting changes it dramatically.
Thank you, sir. I have it in front of me, and to be honest, I couldn't tell you if it's grey or brown for the life of me. When I bought it, I thought it was gray. But when I put it next to a brown jacket the other day, I could've sworn it was brown. However, I treat it as a gray and call it a day most of the time.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today is a tale of one city, but two outfits. This noontime, I spent 90 minutes in the dentist's chair, as he filled my root canals; this evening, I will be posing as a member of New York society (of which I am an entertaining imposter, at best) at the Frick Autumn Dinner. Two outfits, one day.

Daytime:

Leather jacket - Andrew Marc
Polo shirt - Brooks Brothers
Levi's 511's
Magnanni boots

Evening:

Evening jacket - New & Lingwood
Tuxedo shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Seigo, NYC
Stud set - Deakin & Francis, London
Vintage cummerbund
Tuxedo trousers - Ede & Ravenscroft
Shoes - Magnanni for Saks Fifth Avenue
Topcoat & scarf - Turnbull & Asser
Homburg - Selentino
Face mask - New & Lingwood

IMG_5510.JPG
IMG_5518.JPG

IMG_5511.JPG
IMG_5513.JPG
IMG_5514.JPG
IMG_5515.JPG
IMG_5516.JPG
IMG_5517.JPG

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh dang that’s sweet, where do I get me a suit like that?
Thanks. This is vintage Polo Ralph Lauren. Vintage dealers may have a line. Crowley Vintage, Reese's Vintage Pieces, Briar Vintage, etc. This one's from Briar Vintage in Philly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads