• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grabatologist

Reaction score
This is another one of my favourite jackets: a vintage Hugo Boss sport coat in houndstooth tweed. I wore it both with and without a tie today, let me know which one you guys prefer! The one thing I don't like about it is that the quarters are really open, but it's not so bad. Trousers are black corduroy; I am currently on the lookout for brown corduroys.
Styleforum 29-9 1.jpg
Styleforum 29-9 2.jpg

And a close-up picture for those interested:
Styleforum 29-9 3.jpg

Cheers!

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is another one of my favourite jackets: a vintage Hugo Boss sport coat in houndstooth tweed. I wore it both with and without a tie today, let me know which one you guys prefer! The one thing I don't like about it is that the quarters are really open, but it's not so bad. Trousers are black corduroy; I am currently on the lookout for brown corduroys.
View attachment 1677056 View attachment 1677057

And a close-up picture for those interested:
View attachment 1677058
Cheers!
It’s a nice jacket, but it’s far too small for you.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather has cooled and cleared enough in NYC such that suit wearing is a pleasure again, not a burden. The two ties shown separate from my fit pictures arrived in the mail this morning, and what better way to "play with one's new toys" but to integrate one of them into my attire for the day.

Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - London York
Cufflinks - Saks Fifth Avenue house brand
Braces - Brooks Brothers
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson, London
Shoes - Crockett & Jones, model name Weybridge

IMG_20210929_141122.jpg

IMG_20210929_132959.jpg
IMG_20210929_134943.jpg
IMG_20210929_140339.jpg
IMG_20210929_140850.jpg
IMG_20210929_141003.jpg

Brennenman

Reaction score
The weather has cooled and cleared enough in NYC such that suit wearing is a pleasure again, not a burden. The two ties shown separate from my fit pictures arrived in the mail this morning, and what better way to "play with one's new toys" but to integrate one of them into my attire for the day.

Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - London York
Cufflinks - Saks Fifth Avenue house brand
Braces - Brooks Brothers
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson, London
Shoes - Crockett & Jones, model name Weybridge

View attachment 1677158

im really loving the stripes on the suit!

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Does anybody have real life pics of RLPL's newish 'Ralph' cut? Thinking of making a purchase, but would like to see/hear other peoples fits/impressions.

Thanks!

Grabatologist

Reaction score

You have such a great collection AAS:inlove: Mainly your jackets always make me super jealous!

Also, when I look at your posts, I always wonder: how do your students react to your outfits? Teachers at my high school rarely even wore dress shirts (mostly t-shirts or sweaters), so most of the time I was better dressed than my teachers:lookaround: I would have so loved to have you at my school!

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have such a great collection AAS:inlove: Mainly your jackets always make me super jealous!

Also, when I look at your posts, I always wonder: how do your students react to your outfits? Teachers at my high school rarely even wore dress shirts (mostly t-shirts or sweaters), so most of the time I was better dressed than my teachers:lookaround: I would have so loved to have you at my school!

Thank you. I think most of them like it. They pay me compliments occasionally before or after class, but we’re usually too busy in class to talk about such things. Despite liking much of their attire, I rarely comment on my students outfits. In this day and age, I don’t want them to think I’m interested in anything other than their academics.

Amidé

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New suit, in case you couldn’t tell by the basting I was too lazy to snip off lol. Would happily accept ways y’all would style it…I, as you all know, am not a creative fella.
View attachment 1676781
Plenty of options with this one! Apart from perhaps going for a less casual looking shirt I could see this pair nicely with a dark green linen tie, a black knit silk tie, a navy or dark green grenadine tie, a navy Fresco tie, etc.. Or go with a light to mid blue (fine) bengal stripe shirt and combine it with a blue madder tie or other printed silk.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads