• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hola!

Grabatologist

Reaction score
I've been lurking here for two years now, so I guess it's time to post something! Thanks everyone for posting your epic outfits here each day, I have gotten so much style inspiration from you guys :slayer:

Went to a convention a few days ago and wore this. The brown herringbone Harris Tweed is my favourite out of the many sport coats I've amassed over time. It was made in San Francisco during the 1970's, so true vintage! I bought it on Ebay, and the seller was clearly not fully aware of its value?. Repp tie is from a menswear store in my city, but might pass for a BB #1 to an untrained eye... Pants are black corduroy. I'm still hoping for the day that people my age embrace tweed and corduroy :bigstar:
cda profielfoto voor styleforum.jpg

A better picture of the outfit for good measure.

Styleforum 1.jpg

And this is what I wore to university today. Sport coat is from Suitsupply, which is a Dutch brand so secondhand SuSu blazers are pretty abundant here in the Netherlands! I usually wear this in summer weather with white trousers, but I think this works too.
Styleforum 2.jpg

Styleforum 3.jpg

Have a nice day/evening/night everyone, and keep rocking those epic outfits! ;)

Last edited:

loarbmhs

Reaction score
I've been lurking here for two years now, so I guess it's time to post something! Thanks everyone for posting your epic outfits here each day, I have gotten so much style inspiration from you guys :slayer:

Went to a convention a few days ago and wore this. The brown herringbone Harris Tweed is my favourite out of the many sport coats I've amassed over time. It was made in San Francisco during the 1970's, so true vintage! I bought it on Ebay, and the seller was clearly not fully aware of its value?. Repp tie is from a menswear store in my city, but might pass for a BB #1 to an untrained eye... Pants are black corduroy. I'm still hoping for the day that people my age embrace tweed and corduroy :bigstar:
View attachment 1669312
A better picture of the outfit for good measure.

View attachment 1669318

And this is what I wore to university today. Sport coat is from Suitsupply, which is a Dutch brand so secondhand SuSu blazers are pretty abundant here in the Netherlands! I usually wear this in summer weather with white trousers, but I think this works too.
View attachment 1669316
View attachment 1669328
Have a nice day/evening/night everyone, and keep rocking those epic outfits! ;)
Like both jackets a lot. Might want to check the sleeves. The right one on the herringbone is way too short and both sleeves on the blue one are too long. Try to show around 1/4-3/8" of cuff and you'll be fine.

Reaction score
When wearing a cravat, do you leave two buttons undone or just the top? I experimented with both yesterday while (still) WFH:
View attachment 1668471

View attachment 1668472

View attachment 1668473

View attachment 1668474
When wearing a cravat, do you leave two buttons undone or just the top? I experimented with both yesterday while (still) WFH:
View attachment 1668471

View attachment 1668472

View attachment 1668473

View attachment 1668474
Always leave the second button undone the cravat look great...!!!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads