• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even though the temperatures outside today in NYC are currently at 32C/90F, I am suited up this afternoon, as I am meeting a friend from out of town for drinks at the Campbell Apartment at Grand Central, as he requested some place where one can be nicely dressed and not look out of place. The options for the day were linen or seersucker, and as I'd last worn seersucker only last week, I opted for linen. (Note: I've eschewed the wearing of a hat, as the distance between my apartment and Grand Central is not far, and I didn't wish the annoyance of trying to find a place for it, once I got to the Campbell Apartment.)

Suit - Joseph Abboud
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Hermes
Cufflinks - Corcione, Napoli
Pocket square - Ashear
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand

IMG_20210824_151247.jpg

IMG_20210824_134427.jpg
IMG_20210824_150340.jpg
IMG_20210824_150850.jpg
IMG_20210824_151018.jpg
IMG_20210824_151121.jpg

monkey66

Reaction score
First outing for this jacket, a bit of a project, no tailoring yet. I changed the original metal buttons, quite pleased with my needlework. The colour is hard to photo. It is a silk/linen/wool blend and a melange. The colour is a mid dark steel kind of blue.

Not sure about the square.

Sunshine = suede.

P1010607 copy.jpg

P1010624 copy.jpg

P1010622 copy.jpg

Last edited:

psb

Reaction score

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We were traveling in SoCal this week, which is an odd place for a first HOF post in many moons, but so be it. We spent some time in San Pedro at the docks and LA proper, where complete masking is required indoors at all times.

Fortunately, the wedding we flew in for was in Huntington Beach and Orange County doesn't have such a mask mandate. The dress code was "Formal Casual" (only in California!) so this is what we packed. I kid you not: there were folks who showed up in Hawaiian shirts, cargo pants, crocs...and a blazer to top off the whole thing. What a confusing dress code.

Anyways: solaro suit, linen shirt, navy on navy polka dot grenadine tie and go-to-hell bright navy unlined loafers. We ate outdoors while there was still daylight but, but I was advised strongly against packing a hat. Now my forehead is severely burned (see the last picture for the morning after).

IMG-20210824-WA0063.jpg
IMG-20210824-WA0041.jpg
IMG-20210825-WA0007.jpg

gavspen

Reaction score
We were traveling in SoCal this week, which is an odd place for a first HOF post in many moons, but so be it. We spent some time in San Pedro at the docks and LA proper, where complete masking is required indoors at all times.

Fortunately, the wedding we flew in for was in Huntington Beach and Orange County doesn't have such a mask mandate. The dress code was "Formal Casual" (only in California!) so this is what we packed. I kid you not: there were folks who showed up in Hawaiian shirts, cargo pants, crocs...and a blazer to top off the whole thing. What a confusing dress code.

Anyways: solaro suit, linen shirt, navy on navy polka dot grenadine tie and go-to-hell bright navy unlined loafers. We ate outdoors while there was still daylight but, but I was advised strongly against packing a hat. Now my forehead is severely burned (see the last picture for the morning after).

View attachment 1658623

Anyone dare to step on those shoes? ;)

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1658623 View attachment 1658624 View attachment 1658625

Wow! I Live In Southern Cali, They Live By A No Dress Code, Here! By Far, You Were The Best Dressed, There! I Do Wish You Had Hit Me Up, I Had A Hat For You! :fistbump:
I Love The Combo, Sondrio And Blue Suede Shoes! :bigstar::bigstar::bigstar:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads