• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Santa Monica Blue (not to be confused with Porterhouse Blue).

Recently realized although I am 74 years old have never had any blue trousers other than uniform trousers or suit trousers, which always had pin stripes or chalk stripes on them.

So got a pair of Vineyard Vines blue trousers with yacht club burgees embroidered on them.

IMG_7165.jpeg

Brooks Brothers patchwork Madras jacket, blue PPBD shirt, and blue Argyle socks, Ben Silver Churchill Dot tie, Darcy Clothing Company snake belt, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Vineyard Vines trousers, and Allen-Edmonds white suede shoes.

For fans of "Piece-Of-A-Person" pictures, a piece of a person with Coronation Chicken sandwiches, tea, a scone, and a mini Victoria Sponge at Ye Olde King's Head in Santa Monica CA picture.

IMG_7193.jpeg

For fans of odd coincidence pictures, Sir Winston Churchill, in a picture hanging over the fireplace behind where I was sitting, was wearing the same tie I was wearing, a blue tie with white polka dots.

IMG_7194.jpeg

For fans of random Santa Monica pictures, people ordering canned cocktails.

Not exactly sure what a canned cocktail is although it's probably something that can be easily shaken but not easily stirred.

IMG_7184.jpeg

Some of the yacht club burgees show better in this picture.

IMG_7170.jpeg

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Recently realized although I am 74 years old have never had any blue trousers other than uniform trousers or suit trousers, which always had pin stripes or chalk stripes on them.

So got a pair of Vineyard Vines blue trousers with yacht club burgees embroidered on them.

View attachment 1657352

Brooks Brothers patchwork Madras jacket, blue PPBD shirt, and blue Argyle socks, Ben Silver Churchill Dot tie, Darcy Clothing Company snake belt, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Vineyard Vines trousers, and Allen-Edmonds white suede shoes.

For fans of "Piece-Of-A-Person" pictures, a piece of a person with Coronation Chicken sandwiches, tea, a scone, and a mini Victoria Sponge at Ye Olde King's Head in Santa Monica CA picture.

View attachment 1657353

For fans of odd coincidence pictures, Sir Winston Churchill, in a picture hanging over the fireplace behind where I was sitting, was wearing the same tie I was wearing, a blue tie with white polka dots.

View attachment 1657354

Not exactly sure what a canned cocktail is although it's probably something that can be easily shaken but not easily stirred.

View attachment 1657356

View attachment 1657358
Wow! This Is Sharp Sir! Get Some More Blue Trousers! :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

monkey66

Reaction score
Business at the top, party at the bottom. Sun is shining in Dorset. I am sat on my own in the office drafting a report ...am I overdressed?

Straight square seemed to fall into place with the sharp lines.

Love this vintage Ferragamo tie.

P1010587 copy.jpg

P1010591 copy.jpg

P1010605 copy.jpg

P1010586 copy.jpg

Last edited:

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last week

View attachment 1657046

Cashmere sport coat: Cesare Attolini via Pete & Harry
MTM shirt: Made with Hart
Bespoke tie: E. Marinella
Bespoke trousers: Pommella Napoli
Love the sport coat--I've been keeping an eye out for a nice gray or brown based glen plaid. Just noticed that yours is cashmere... interesting.

Who makes the loafers?

Reactions: EFV

SJTM

Reaction score

View attachment 1657352

View attachment 1657353

View attachment 1657354

View attachment 1657356

View attachment 1657358

You and Sir Winston appear to share the same demeanor in these photos.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Semil

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads