• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Poszetka

Reaction score
Summer - Panama / Jogger / Pink / Blazer (wool + silk)
IMG_2007-2-113.jpg
IMG_2042-2-128.jpg
IMG_2046-2-129.jpg
IMG_2078-2-151.jpg
IMG_2105-2-166.jpg

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Much-Anticipated, Friday Challenge Is Upon Us

How Do You Do Cream?

June 25th - July 6th

The Theme; “King Of Cream”

The Rules;
Cream (Off-White Or White) - (3) Fit Entries, (Formal, Business, Casual Or Streetwear) Your Choice

Cream, (Off-White Or White) Foundation Pieces, Suit, Sport Coat Or Trousers, No Beige!

Base (foundation) Colors: Cream, Off-White Or White (Cotton, Silk, Linen, Wool)

Each Member Will Have (5) Votes At Polling

More Creamy Details To Follow…

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's theme is dealing with dissonance. Can I make a coherent ensemble out of pieces of different levels of formality? Again, you be the judge.

PS: I edited the post after realizing I did not make my point correctly.
PS2: I enjoy suits that drape as if made of iron.
0IMG_6759.jpg
0IMG_6688.jpg
0IMG_6737.jpg

Last edited:

psb

Reaction score
Today, the new summer jacket has been picked to go outside for the first time.
Have a successful day all together.

Details:
Jacket: Bespoke made from a Loro Piana Tweeed-Linen fabrics
Trousers: Bespoke made from a Fresco fabrics
Shirt: Tyrwhitt
Tie: Poszetka
PS: Hacket
Shoes: Heinrich Dinkelacker
Socks: Pantherella
Braces: Thurston

DSC09942 (2).JPG
DSC09945 (2).JPG
DSC09947 (2).JPG
DSC09949 (2).JPG
DSC09952 (2).JPG
DSC09944 (2).JPG

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tie is fine. Strides need to go.
Ditto for your washed pink-red ones and those retina-searing neon green ones. They would be fine with a pair of Seavees and a linen shirt on a beach or boardwalk in the sun but whenever you try to fold them into a business blazer-and-tie combo they never work for me.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tie is fine. Strides need to go.
Ditto for your washed pink-red ones and those retina-searing neon green ones. They would be fine with a pair of Seavees and a linen shirt on a beach or boardwalk in the sun but whenever you try to fold them into a business blazer-and-tie combo they never work for me.
I can see that. Purple pants are not for everyone. I think you have a sense of my style at this point and it does include purple pants. It's not created to work for you. It's created to work for me. In the context of my style, do the pants work i.e. are they in keeping with what I've been wearing for the past decade? Is it part of a consistent body of work? Yes, it is. Me not wearing colored strides with sport coats is like you not wearing hard 3 button jackets. I'll stop when you do. :lol:

You'll be happy to know the green pants are gone. A victim of pandemic weight gain. I'm on a hunt for a new pair.

The jacket is linen with patch pockets. I wouldn't call it a business blazer at all. I guess it depends on what your definition of business is. A lot of people think anything with buttons is a business shirt.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather, after several days of weather too warm and humid to don a jacket, has cleared - humidity and temperature are back to a comfortable level.

Today's suit I've owned for nearly 12 years, and when it was purchased, it was one of the more fitted suits in my wardrobe. Twelve years later, and several pounds lighter, it's no longer quite so fitted, but it is comfortable, and there is always room for a plain grey suit in one's wardrobe. Accessories are a mixed bag - the shirt, a purchase from Thomas Pink at Heathrow, Terminal 3, duty free, probably a decade or more ago; the cufflinks, from a jeweler in lower Manhattan long since closed; and the shoes, my first navy blue pair, bought several years ago.

Suit - Brooks Brothers, Regent model
Shirt - Thomas Pink
Tie - Charvet, via Bergdorf Goodman
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis
Pocket square - Alain Figaret
Shoes - Magnanni for Bergdorf Goodman
Face mask - New & Lingwood

IMG_20210623_125303.jpg

IMG_20210623_122712.jpg
IMG_20210623_124320.jpg
IMG_20210623_124815.jpg
IMG_20210623_124941.jpg
IMG_20210623_125109.jpg

EUtroll

Reaction score
I can see that. Purple pants are not for everyone. I think you have a sense of my style at this point and it does include purple pants. It's not created to work for you. It's created to work for me. In the context of my style, do the pants work i.e. are they in keeping with what I've been wearing for the past decade? Is it part of a consistent body of work? Yes, it is. Me not wearing colored strides with sport coats is like you not wearing hard 3 button jackets. I'll stop when you do. :lol:

You'll be happy to know the green pants are gone. A victim of pandemic weight gain. I'm on a hunt for a new pair.

The jacket is linen with patch pockets. I wouldn't call it a business blazer at all. I guess it depends on what your definition of business is. A lot of people think anything with buttons is a business shirt.

I love the purple trousers but would have opted for a navy sc or a darker shade of grey.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads