• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sarene

Reaction score
The weather in NYC remains mild, dry and sunny, for today at least, with predictions for hotter, more humid weather coming as early as tomorrow. Thus, the window of opportunity for wearing today's ensemble comfortably is today.

As I have said before, a three-piece linen suit is something of a logical absurdity, but a very attractive one nonetheless, and my Facebook account has been spitting out memories of me wearing today's suit, giving me the itch to wear it, before the weather turns so hot and humid that the thought of long trousers is unbearable, never mind a waistcoat. As I am unconstrained by employment from wearing whatever happens to come to mind, I am indulging that luxury to the full.

Suit, shirt, and tie - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - Saks Fifth Avenue
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson, London
Vintage watch chain
Shoes - Santoni, via Saks Fifth Avenue
Hat - Christys, via Thomas Farthing, London
Face mask - New & Lingwood

View attachment 1625996

Very classy and extremely well tailored. Where do you find good tailors these days?

Amidé

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Linen is great for humid and hot summer months. The suit fits your perfectly, where do you find master tailors these days?
Yes, linen is perfect for these months!
Well, the trousers are MTM by Luxire, jacket RTW by Barba Napoli, shirt MTM by Camessi, shoes Crockett & Jones, hat bespoke by Marcel Rodrigues, sunglasses by The Bespoke Dudes, socks, braces, pocket square and Fresco tie are all my own brand.

Sarene

Reaction score
Yes, linen is perfect for these months!
Well, the trousers are MTM by Luxire, jacket RTW by Barba Napoli, shirt MTM by Camessi, shoes Crockett & Jones, hat bespoke by Marcel Rodrigues, sunglasses by The Bespoke Dudes, socks, braces, pocket square and Fresco tie are all my own brand.
That is amazing. Thank you. I will into them, specifically your brand. Do you have a website?

Amidé

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, of course. Can’t mention it here though since I’m not an affiliate vendor at the moment, but it shouldn’t be hard to find online..

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very classy and extremely well tailored. Where do you find good tailors these days?

Thank you for the compliments. The suit was bought off the rack at Brooks Brothers several years ago, and refitted to me after a small weight loss by my alterations tailor in lower Manhattan a few years ago.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GievesCaruso-01.jpg
GievesCaruso-02.jpg
GievesCaruso-03.jpg
GievesCaruso-04.jpg

More beiges.

Jacket: Caruso
Shirt: Thom Sweeney
Tie: Gieves & Hawkes
PS: Berg & Berg
Pants: Incotex
Shoes: Sanders
Shades: The Bespoke Dudes

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads