• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Poszetka

Reaction score
fall_22.jpg

KWang94

Reaction score
Funny, how this bespoke jacket fits me worse than any other jacket I own that isn’t bespoke.

Unfortunately, every tailor I know refuses to try to fix it.

View attachment 1568211

View attachment 1568213

View attachment 1568212

You win some and you lose some.

Was just going through this thread and I realized you were in my neighbourhood! (I'm at Dundas/Jarvis).
I think the jacket is sick (I remember you posted on IG/SF- can't remember where) about it but sad to hear you don't love it that much.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was a time some years ago when I never wore pocket squares. Just suit, shirt, tie. Then at some point (I think it was probably my wedding) I got a plain white linen square. Then I got hooked and started getting a little wilder with silk paisleys and larger scale prints on wool blends. Now throwing a pocket square into my breast pocket feels just like a necessary part of my business outfits, even though it still can take me a little bit to figure out the right one (since my perception of certain colors isn't so acute). Every once in a while though, I just feel like an extra accessory just doesn't add anything to an outfit or needlessly complicated it. That's kind of how I felt here so I just left it out.
20210519_135214.jpg
20210519_141553.jpg

Samuelsohn jacket in Loro Piana wool/silk/linen/cashmere
Kamakura sport chambray
Vintage Robert Talbott repp
Wardrobe Wimbeldon trousers in LP linen
Junior's cotton woven D-ring belt
Bonus:
20210519_135314.jpg

Last edited:

TheIronDandy

Reaction score
There was a time some years ago when I never wore pocket squares. Just suit, shirt, tie. Then at some point (I think it was probably my wedding) I got a plain white linen square. Then I got hooked and started getting a little wilder with silk paisleys and larger scale prints on wool blends. Now throwing a pocket square into my breast pocket feels just like a necessary part of my business outfits, even though it still can take me a little bit to figure out the right one (since my perception of certain colors isn't so acute). Every once in a while though, I just feel like an extra accessory just doesn't add anything to an outfit or needlessly complicated it. That's kind of how I felt here so I just left it out.
View attachment 1612399 View attachment 1612400
Samuelsohn jacket in Loro Piana wool/silk/linen/cashmere
Kamakura sport chambray
Vintage Robert Talbott repp
Wardrobe Wimbeldon trousers in LP linen
Junior's cotton woven D-ring belt
Bonus:
View attachment 1612405

Was going to write something about the style statement of not including a pocket square in some outfits, but then dog happened. Now my brain is stuck in "Who's a good doggy?" mode for at least 20 minutes.

Also great fabric in the jacket.

induere_to

Reaction score
Very much La Grande Bellazza over that look. Splendid! (as always)

You are the second one to bring this up. Erik @EFV also made a similar observation years ago when I had just received it. Truth is... you're both right. After I watched that film for the first time, I realized my life would not be complete without a yellow jacket. I was right.

Was just going through this thread and I realized you were in my neighbourhood! (I'm at Dundas/Jarvis).
I think the jacket is sick (I remember you posted on IG/SF- can't remember where) about it but sad to hear you don't love it that much.

My workshop is close to there, just east of King and Parliament. Let me know when you have time and we will catch up!

Regarding the jacket, it's salvageable. As I get more comfortable with the work that I've been doing, if it has not yet been finished by a tailor by then, I'll tackle the project myself. I have to remove the collar and open up the shoulder seams and put it all back together again. Not sure if I'm ready for the headache just yet!

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was going to write something about the style statement of not including a pocket square in some outfits, but then dog happened. Now my brain is stuck in "Who's a good doggy?" mode for at least 20 minutes.

Also great fabric in the jacket.
He is a good doggy. Yes he is, yes he is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads