• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you trying to tell us something with the big "available" sign behind you?

Transitioning into Summer, weatherwise, in the valley...after Sunday service..

View attachment 1611557 View attachment 1611558 View attachment 1611559 View attachment 1611560 View attachment 1611561 View attachment 1611562 View attachment 1611563 View attachment 1611564 View attachment 1611565 View attachment 1611566

Blazer: Luciano Barbera Collezioni (100%Linen)
Shirt: Eton
Tie: Seaward and Stern (silk/linen)
Pocket Square: R Douglas (Wool/Linen)
Pants: Samuelsohn
Shoes: Paul Stuart (Stuarts Choice)

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hola!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC is warming up today - expected highs to be 80F/27C, though with blessedly low humidity. As tomorrow and Thursday are predicted to be even warmer, I thought that I should wear today's selected suit while the wearing should be comfortable.

Today's suit is very unstructured - no padding in the shoulders, no apparent interlining in the lapels, no lining, other than the sleeves - which should make it more comfortable to wear in warmer weather. That theory will be tested later this afternoon.

Throwing sartorial caution to the wind, I've engaged in a session of four-pattern bingo - suit, shirt, tie, pocket square. I leave it to your collective judgment whether or not the attempt was successful.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Polo Ralph Lauren
Cufflinks - craft fair outside of Nuestra Senora del Pilar, the Recoleta district, Buenos Aires
Braces - Paul Stuart
Pocket square - no name brand
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand
Face mask - New & Lingwood

IMG_20210518_125800.jpg

IMG_20210518_111843.jpg
IMG_20210518_124959.jpg
IMG_20210518_125355.jpg
IMG_20210518_125518.jpg
IMG_20210518_125632.jpg

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once again resisted the temptation to take a picture with Paul Smith's pink wall and took a picture a few blocks west.

My picture is more typical of Melrose Avenue and Melrose place today. Most of the stores are vacant and all the restaurants I went to in the past have closed forever.

IMG_6674.jpeg

Brooks Brothers Brookstweed jacket and yellow OCBD shirt, Orvis tie, Thomas Pink pocket square, Leather Man surcingle belt, L L Bean corduroy trousers, and Allen-Edmonds suede shoes.

For fans of "Piece-Of-A-Person" pictures, a piece of a person with Lemon Drizzle Cake and tea picture.

IMG_6669.jpeg

Fans of coordination will notice I have coordinated the two red spots on my forehead from Cryosurgery at UCLA Medical Center last Thursday with the pocket square and tie and coordinated the cake with the shirt.

The little bowl is to put the lemon slice in. Did try eating the lemon slice before putting it in the little bowl.

Amongst all the stores that have closed, a few new stores have opened on Melrose Place. This is one of the new stores.

Didn't go in. Don't think they sell menswear.

IMG_6688.jpeg

monkey66

Reaction score
First time out for blazer and trousers.

The blazer is a vintage, Italian made Burberry from eBay. Its an unusual mix, very British with shoulder pads and solid, canvassed construction but a bit Italian with a little lapel design flair, delighted with zero tailoring. The colour is very dark blue, at first I thought it was black until I saw it in the daylight. In real-life it looks almost black but photographs more blue.

I am a little mixed about the buttons as I feel the Burberry logo a little vulgar but perhaps I am over-thinking? Would be interested in opinions?

Trousers are my first from S and M, navy fresco. Tie is another fine wool from Exquisite Trimmings, love the handle and drape on these.

P1010421 copy.jpg

P1010420 copy.jpg

P1010428 copy.jpg

P1010432.jpg

P1010410 copy.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads