• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Badenoch

Reaction score
Recently had a few occasions to wear suits.

View attachment 1609238
MTM Suit: BLVDier Chicago
Shirt: Brooks Bros.
Tie: Bigi
Shoes: Alden

View attachment 1609239
Suit and Shirt: Haberdash Chicago (R.I.P)
Tie: Drake's
Shoes: Alden
Watch: Jagaer LeCoultre Reverso

View attachment 1609240 View attachment 1609241

View attachment 1609242

MTM Suit: Hall Madden Chicago
Shirt: Sid Mashburn
Tie: Eidos
Trench: Drake's

That Drake's coat is immaculate. ?

induere_to

Reaction score
This had potential to be such a great suit. Unfortunately I can’t bring myself to wear it all that often.

1A886308-176C-4BD9-86E6-5C773C9C498B.jpeg

73AC4CEC-458F-472E-81DE-8C60EFBFCCD7.jpeg

8CA0BD0F-73CA-4720-81EB-D6257D3D4539.jpeg

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

induere_to

Reaction score
I'm Not A Fan Of Seersucker Suits, And I Do Have A Pair Of (Ss) Trousers,

Potential?

Youngman, This Is A BadAss Suit! The Pairing (Shirt, Tie And Sq) Strange Combo, But I Like It, Well Done Youngman, Well Done! BadAss... :bigstar::bigstar::bigstar:

Have you tried it with a white button down, white linen square, and maybe a solid dark tie with a bit of texture? Don’t give up on it yet.

For clarity, it's not the styling I struggle with. This was a mtm commission via my previous employer. It's like each panel was worked on by separate people. The front darts are not aligned, the dart on the right panel extends two inches higher than the one on the left; when I first received the suit and tried it on, the breast buttons were so obviously misaligned that I had a tailor move one of them down (the factory used a red ball point pen to mark button placement which won't come out and is still visible three years later. According to general pattern-cutting rules, the front length of the jacket should be an inch and a half longer than the back; with this company, their difference between front and back was a little more at 2"... fine ... however, with this jacket, the front is four whole inches longer than the back. This is obviously apparent by its side profile, (after having three different tailors find it funny without my pointing it out to them, it makes more sense that I don't even wear it, especially since my daily routine is surrounded by tailors). The pleats on the trousers are equally problematic, they're double forward, the main front pleat on the right side is 4 cm deep, the second is 2 cm deep... but on the left side, the main pleat is 3 cm and the secondary pleat is 3 cm, it's bizarre. Lastly, because it has a back adjuster on the waistband of the trouser, I asked to have dropped belt-loops around the sides; what I received was no belt loops at all aside from the closure loop... which was dropped (impossible to close the waistband through the belt loop, so I have to wear it over the loop).

The whole suit just leaves me scratching my head.

gavspen

Reaction score
[The whole suit just leaves me scratching my head.
[/QUOTE]

Good Lord! What did the maker say about all this? Did they still present you with a bill?!?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC is still sunny, but is seasonably warm, and it's Friday, thus I can unclench my sartorial sphincter a bit, and wear something a bit more relaxed than yesterday's three-piece ensemble.

Today's jacket was made for me at Brooks several years ago, and, as much as I like the fabric (I am easily seduced by fabric swatches), trying to coordinate ties to this jacket has been something of a challenge. Let us hope that today's selection passes muster.

Sports jacket - Brooks Brothers MTM
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Seigo, NYC
Trousers & cap - Brooks Brothers
Shoes - Crockett & Jones
Face mask - New & Lingwood

IMG_20210514_123742.jpg

IMG_20210514_113224.jpg
IMG_20210514_122759.jpg
IMG_20210514_123241.jpg
IMG_20210514_123359.jpg
IMG_20210514_123616.jpg

IMG_20210514_123536.jpg

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A tree, some roses, and me. Lo and behold, once again my shoes and belt do not match.

IMG_6637.jpeg

Brooks Brothers tweed jacket, pocket square, BB#1 stripe 9/11 Memorial tie, L L. Bean OCBD shirt, Leather Man surcingle belt. Lands' End trousers, and Allen-Edmonds suede shoes.

No Piece-Of-A-Person picture today since had two things on my forehead frozen at UCLA Medical Center yesterday and the red spots (you can see one near the part in my hair), unlike Norma Desmond, aren't ready for their close-ups.

Instead of a Piece-Of-A Person picture, here's a person with technology picture, some iPhones and me at the Apple Store in the Century City (West Los Angeles) mall.

IMG_6641.jpeg

Took the iMac, iPad, and iPhone to the Apple Store to have them updated. The internet connection (AT&T) where I am staying is so slow couldn't update anything. It's like being on dial up again,

It was nice to once again see the iMac zipping around the internet instead of having time to get something to eat while waiting for a webpage to open, if it opens at all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads