• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cotton suit from S&M. I had my tailor let out the pants as much as possible. Still too slim for my tasteThe jacket was let out about 1.5” in the waist.

2BD33859-47C7-45BC-B1FF-01A190C82E46.jpeg

DEE6D9E5-5748-4547-889B-AE4ADB2F949D.jpeg

96E3AB3F-D2BE-4CC9-89D1-BF7C1CCFAC47.jpeg

F8E7795C-8DA4-4511-97F6-2BB98006B9C2.jpeg

BD46A1AF-3464-47CA-9810-BC9A6D44B6A2.jpeg

04935E0D-F6CE-4D90-B365-49D85022501B.jpeg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC remains slightly cooler than average for this time of year, and is overcast now as well, affording me yet another opportunity to sneak in a fall/winter suit from the last sale season. Combined with it is my latest indulgence - yet another pair of braces from Albert Thurston, patterned with one of my sartorial obsessions, cufflinks. The combination of a checked shirt with a checked suit is an experiment on my part, one that I think has been reasonably successful, but I leave that judgment to the viewer.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Marino Gabri (purchased at discount sometime in the last millennium)
Braces - Albert Thurston
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via Scully & Scully, NYC
Pocket square - Ralph Lauren Purple Label
Shoes - Crockett & Jones private label for Paul Stuart
Hat - Saks Fifth Avenue house brand
Face mask - New & Lingwood

IMG_20210507_140607.jpg

IMG_20210507_133843.jpg
IMG_20210507_135340.jpg
IMG_20210507_135935.jpg
IMG_20210507_140114.jpg
IMG_20210507_140213.jpg
IMG_20210507_140327.jpg

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In Holmby Park today. Prior to the pandemic there were giant cannas growing behind this beach that blocked the view of the trash cans.

IMG_6581.jpeg

Brooks Brothers Brookstweed jacket and tie, L L Bean blue and white University stripe OCBD shirt, Polo Ralph Lauren pocket square and argyle socks, Orvis Nantucket Red trousers, and (made in 1984) Allen-Edmonds saddle shoes.

Prior to 2013 there was a British blog called "Look At My ******* Red Trousers" which classified all red trouser wearers as toffs, hipsters, lunatics, notable wearers, or in McDonald's. If the blog still existed and this picture ended up in the blog, hope I would be classified in with the toffs.

Since the belt doesn't show in the picture, and since (as is often the case) the belt didn't match the shoes, here's the belt. It's a Vineyard Vines belt.

IMG_6586.jpg

Badenoch

Reaction score
In Holmby Park today. Prior to the pandemic there were giant cannas growing behind this beach that blocked the view of the trash cans.

View attachment 1606375

Brooks Brothers Brookstweed jacket and tie, L L Bean blue and white University stripe OCBD shirt, Polo Ralph Lauren pocket square and argyle socks, Orvis Nantucket Red trousers, and (made in 1984) Allen-Edmonds saddle shoes.

Prior to 2013 there was a British blog called "Look At My ******* Red Trousers" which classified all red trouser wearers as toffs, hipsters, lunatics, notable wearers, or in McDonald's. If the blog still existed and this picture ended up in the blog, hope I would be classified in with the toffs.

Since the belt doesn't show in the picture, and since (as is often the case) the belt didn't match the shoes, here's the belt. It's a Vineyard Vines belt.

View attachment 1606377

I sincerely hope that you achieve "toffdom" if that is what you desire. ?

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RichardjamesAttolini-01.jpg
RichardjamesAttolini-02.jpg
RichardjamesAttolini-03.jpg
RichardjamesAttolini-04.jpg

Spring is on hold in Stockholm at the moment.

Suit: Richard James
Shirt: Drake's
Tie: Attolini
PS: Battisti
Shoes: Alden

induere_to

Reaction score
As much as I enjoy posting things that I hope most of you despise, I try to stick within the subject boundaries of the thread. This post may appear to be a bit too controversial at first glance, so let me try to justify it.

I recently had a conversation with a friend of mine that just opened up a shop on Savile row and we were talking about the different measures of creativity in the field of making clothes in such a conservative niche within the fashion industry. Many posters here are constantly trying to combat people’s individual tastes with their fiery rage fuelled by traditionalism. I often like to think that I’m balancing on a wire between the two. I respect the foundations of classic tailoring, though I’m constantly looking to follow through on new out-of-the-box ideas.

Especially, due to this pandemic, classic menswear is potentially facing extinction; at least in these cultures (such as Toronto) in which the sense of occasion has already been hanging on by a thread.

Anyways, with my attempts to keep tailoring relevant enough to survive the rotation of a continuously more casual world of leggings and sweatpants; I’ve been pairing tailoring a lot with my own stupid, personally-satisfying bespoke commissions and vintage athletic gear:

D5B8EA96-0911-4464-9783-241368C53F0E.jpeg

1A7BA624-F8EB-4242-AFB9-3E4C82E05BDE.jpeg

And because you can’t get a more tailored outfit than that which actually comes directly from a bespoke workshop, I included a picture with my newest project:

68B7CCE3-2C92-43E6-AF36-3FA136F0E08F.jpeg

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As much as I enjoy posting things that I hope most of you despise, I try to stick within the subject boundaries of the thread. This post may appear to be a bit too controversial at first glance, so let me try to justify it.

I recently had a conversation with a friend of mine that just opened up a shop on Savile row and we were talking about the different measures of creativity in the field of making clothes in such a conservative niche within the fashion industry. Many posters here are constantly trying to combat people’s individual tastes with their fiery rage fuelled by traditionalism. I often like to think that I’m balancing on a wire between the two. I respect the foundations of classic tailoring, though I’m constantly looking to follow through on new out-of-the-box ideas.

Especially, due to this pandemic, classic menswear is potentially facing extinction; at least in these cultures (such as Toronto) in which the sense of occasion has already been hanging on by a thread.

Anyways, with my attempts to keep tailoring relevant enough to survive the rotation of a continuously more casual world of leggings and sweatpants; I’ve been pairing tailoring a lot with my own stupid, personally-satisfying bespoke commissions and vintage athletic gear:

View attachment 1606399

View attachment 1606397

And because you can’t get a more tailored outfit than that which actually comes directly from a bespoke workshop, I included a picture with my newest project:

View attachment 1606398
If you had a staff, you’d pretty much be Moses.

TomTom

Reaction score

View attachment 1606399

View attachment 1606397

View attachment 1606398
I think it all kind of works so not out of place at all. That yellow casentino wool overcoat is maybe where I would draw the line

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads