• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leave them ***** alone, bruh!

If you are referring to the trouser legs of AAS's suit for today, I must agree - leave well enough alone.

I took the pants to a neighborhood tailor and not my regular guy downtown. This was back when I was into slimmer trousers. He did a decent job, but not as good as my regular guy. I think they look good when I’m standing, but they don’t feel good when I’m sitting. They hug my calves and ride up when I’m sitting. I also gained a few pandemic pounds, but I’ve been meaning to have these let out for a few years now. My regular guy is in the process of letting out several pairs of pants for me at the moment. I’ll assess their success, before taking this pair in. I certainly don’t want to make things worse.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jacket looks very good.

Sorry For The Delayed Response Sir,
20210502_210032.jpg

Mostly Hand Work!

RajunCajun

Reaction score
General question.......What are your thoughts on grey flannel chalk stripe pants as a solo act? I see a pair for sale but I'm wondering if they will appear as orphaned suit pants when worn.

loarbmhs

Reaction score
General question.......What are your thoughts on grey flannel chalk stripe pants as a solo act? I see a pair for sale but I'm wondering if they will appear as orphaned suit pants when worn.
Your instincts are correct. They will look like orphaned suit pants and you will have wasted your money. Step away from the computer and don't push "buy."

Feldborg

Reaction score
Nice jacket, not a fan of the slim trousers myself but the overall look is good. Love a good pair of suede loafers.
Thanks man! Appreciate your answer! I love the jacket, it is so well fitting and really classic - it's from Massimo Dutti.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wonderful ensembles all around, but can somebody explain to me the allure of penny and tassled loafers? In South America it screams "you are a lazy old who doesn't care about menswear and gave up"; it is almost worse than wearing sneakers with suits. Look at the awesome fits by @Betelgeuse: his Carmina complements the suit perfectly. I am not going to give you my opinion on tasseled anything. I am glad that style of footwear does not exist around me. Of course, "de gustibus non est disputandum" and all that, but in my eyes, any classic menswear attire with a loafer would be improved by the right oxford or derby (I like monks and double-monks, but also get why people dislike them). Is it an American thing? Northern European? Or just variety for variety's sake (that would be the most reasonable explanation, I believe, but I stand to be corrected)?

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You do realise that only yesterday @Betelgeuse posted a pic wearing his magnificent Jon Lobb ‘Lopez’ penny loafers, right?

I’m sure the “allure” of loafers is just a matter of personal preference more than anything. Maybe regional bias is at play here?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads