• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Recently

02344A19-6CFA-4EE7-B679-6DCE4C2E9F46.jpeg
0CF901F6-D4A5-4E40-838D-319E3723ACE9.jpeg
11044C59-9EF3-452D-BDC5-8AC8D3282147.jpeg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC has warmed up a bit, though it is very breezy, and it is Friday, so some relaxation of the dress code might be permitted, especially after yesterday's grandly formal ensemble. I am hoping that the combo provides the right amount of insulation for the afternoon and evening - the addition of the suede waistcoat was a last minute addition, with insulation in mind.

Sports jacket - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt, tie, suede waistcoat, trousers & pocket square - Brooks Brothers
Boots - Cobbler Union
Cap - Paul Stuart
Face mask - New & Lingwood

IMG_20210423_124837.jpg

IMG_20210423_112446.jpg
IMG_20210423_123609.jpg
IMG_20210423_124327.jpg
IMG_20210423_124433.jpg
IMG_20210423_124555.jpg
IMG_20210423_124716.jpg

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any information on the jacket please....thanks

Polo University Club by Ralph Lauren. Fabric woven in the British Isles according to the tags. Union made in the USA. I got in on eBay many years ago.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC has warmed up a bit, though it is very breezy, and it is Friday, so some relaxation of the dress code might be permitted, especially after yesterday's grandly formal ensemble. I am hoping that the combo provides the right amount of insulation for the afternoon and evening - the addition of the suede waistcoat was a last minute addition, with insulation in mind.

Boots - Cobbler Union
Cap - Paul Stuart

View attachment 1598604

That's a beautiful jacket and well paired with the suede vest. Great color palette. I'm assuming the pants are brown, but it's a bit hard to tell. Also, really like the sunglasses.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a beautiful jacket and well paired with the suede vest. Great color palette. I'm assuming the pants are brown, but it's a bit hard to tell. Also, really like the sunglasses.

Yes, the trousers are dark brown. I actually had to lighten the photo a bit, as the initial color levels made the trousers look black - not the effect which I sought. Otherwise, thank you for the kind compliments - always appreciated!

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Boots - Cobbler Union
Cap - Paul Stuart

View attachment 1598604

Sir, :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: Looks Like We're Letting The Top Down For A Drive!

Contango

Reaction score
I'm not sold on this look. I like the solids with pocket square, but I can see your point in terms of visual interest. I think I should have gone with a tan/khaki pant instead of the gray. I think a brown tie would have looked better than the navy as well.
I, on the other hand, love it so much that I just saved copies of a couple of the photos as inspiration as you’ve just convinced me to get a similar jacket made after a few weeks of procrastination.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like this one AAS.
So what detail is missing?
(Your alterations tailor should be able to easily clean up the ripples in the back!)
At least this is a 3r2 that actually - y’know - rolls! So much better than seeing the lower lapel buggered up by an obnoxious vestigial button hole!

:cheers::nest:

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like this one AAS.
So what detail is missing?
(Your alterations tailor should be able to easily clean up the ripples in the back!)
At least this is a 3r2 that actually - y’know - rolls! So much better than seeing the lower lapel buggered up by an obnoxious vestigial button hole!

:cheers::nest:
Thanks. The jacket doesn't have a vent! Can you imagine. I think it is actually a three button jacket and not a 3/2 roll because the top button is sewn through both layers of fabric. I steamed the lapel a bit to have it roll more, but it's not as rolly as I would like. I may wear it as a hard three. Gasp! I think it looks nice both ways.

I definitely need to have the collar lowered. This happens with a lot of my Polo Ralph Lauren jackets. Are there really that many tall necked people out there? Come on, Ralph.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@An Acute Style You're killing it lately. What kind of vent would you prefer with that jacket? Hook, to complete the trad/Ivy look?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads