• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool braces and watch. In my mind, the handkerchief doesn't work with that tie, or vice versa. I like the hat... Now do a motorcycle helmet!

The pocket square was a momentary inspiration, but perhaps not the optimal choice for the outfit. I've had the square for several years, and periodically try to make it work, with varying degrees of success.

A motorcycle helmet will not be making an appearance any time soon - don't have one, have no plans for acquisition - so sorry.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a day yesterday of clouds and rain, the sun has returned to NYC, along with seasonable temperatures, making it possible to dress up.

Someone recently asked about my watch - specifically, about my Cartier watch, which spent an inordinate amount of time at Cartier, getting a new watch band. I've included it in the close up shot, so that Cartier's efforts (and my cash for those efforts) can be appreciated.

A friend also inquired as to what I might look like, wearing a cowboy hat. As I have only one Stetson that might qualify as "cowboy", I've included it in today's photos, although it is rather at odds with the rest of my attire.

Finally, I had occasion, this past weekend, to observe the flowering trees in park spaces all over Manhattan - a trek conducted almost entirely on foot, some ten miles of it, from Murray Hill to Grant's Tomb, and back again. A couple of shots from that excursion are included, if only to prove that I can breathe without wearing a tie, and that I indeed own jeans.

Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - The Persian Shop, NYC
Braces & face mask - New & Lingwood
Pocket square - Ede & Ravenscroft
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC
Hat - Stetson

View attachment 1592406

If you wind up heading downtown, the magnolias blooming in Union Square are magnificent. The farmers market on Saturday was a healthy mix of people shopping and people taking magnolia and daffodil pictures.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you wind up heading downtown, the magnolias blooming in Union Square are magnificent. The farmers market on Saturday was a healthy mix of people shopping and people taking magnolia and daffodil pictures.

The magnolias and flowering cherry trees were also the focus of attention in Central Park, all along the eastern edge of the park, all the way up to the Harlem Meer. Our route took us through Morningside Park (my first venture into the park, after living on this island for 41 years), then across to Sakura Park (a small park adjacent to Grant's Tomb), and Riverside Park, southwards from 122nd St. to about 84th St., then out of the park in search of light sustenance, then across Central Park, west to east.

Arthur_Dent

Reaction score
First post here, mainly because I've received a turtleneck for my birthday and now I'm trying to fit it into my wardrobe without feeling like an early '00s theater director.

Jacket: Nervesa 3 roll 2 velvet
Turtleneck: Scotch & Soda - merino wool
Pocket Square: Amanda Christensen - silk
Trousers: SuitSupply double pleated - wool
Shoes: Vass Budapest - P2
Watch: Raketa Kopernik

001.jpg 002.jpg

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC has remained dry, albeit not sunny, this afternoon, and seasonably warm - something that will change by tomorrow, apparently, getting colder and wetter over the next two days.

Today's attire is composed of some odd scraps of things - today's tie is from a formal set (it came with a matching cummerbund, neither tie nor cummerbund I have worn often, if at all), and today's cufflinks were a sale item from a shopping spree long ago in London. At least the socks are new - from Paul Stuart's warehouse sale pop-up store in the old Roosevelt Hotel building.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Harvie & Hudson, London
Braces - Lewin
Pocket square - Brooks Brothers
Shoes - J. Fitzpatrick
Face mask - New & Lingwood

IMG_20210414_135623.jpg

IMG_20210414_133504.jpg
IMG_20210414_134651.jpg
IMG_20210414_135228.jpg
IMG_20210414_135346.jpg
IMG_20210414_135450.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads