• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

induere_to

Reaction score
Yesterday:

3276FEBA-9CAF-43B0-AB8B-2540D528D592.jpeg

This the apprenticeship with Tony you told me about?

Yeah, dude. Yesterday I wanted to test out my trouser pattern so I assembled my first pair of muslin trousers:

EE750524-B00A-41D1-BD83-8A80F3E5CDF0.jpeg

EF117A71-9F1E-4C43-8C25-C7A4D8566EC9.jpeg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather continues to be nigh unto perfect here in NYC - sunny skies, mild temperatures, and low humidity. For today, I've opted for an older suit from Brooks Brothers, one in their Regent cut, a bit more "modern" than their Madison model suits. It's one of only a handful of RTW Brooks suits I have left in my closet, most having been displaced by suits from Phineas Cole at Paul Stuart's, or by suits from New & Lingwood, or Ede & Ravenscroft in London.

For some unknown reason, I always feel more relaxed in a brown suit, and have always had a brown glen plaid suit in rotation among my suits for decades.

You will note an intruder in one of my photos - my husband was attempting to revive our Canon Eos M6, using the easiest available model, i.e. me. The experiment was not a success - the camera functions as it should for only a few shots.

Suit - Brooks Brothers
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - The London Badge & Button Co.
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand
Face mask - New & Lingwood

IMG_20210408_120729.jpg

IMG_20210408_114817.jpg
IMG_20210408_120029.jpg
IMG_20210408_120327.jpg
IMG_20210408_120442.jpg
IMG_20210408_120553.jpg

JJ Katz

Reaction score
I enjoyed Simon Crompton's article today on white denim and I have a lot of respect for his points of view. But he did reiterate several times that he tries to avoid looking "showy", which is a theme of his and is fair enough. I think this outfit would give Simon an aneurysm. I think it's awesome!

You know, when I read that piece, I did think about your mantra about having run out of f***s to give....
From prom is the most reliably useful CM blogger and of course a lot of fellows hate to stand out and it’s good that he can address that but how much more satisfying to dress less self-consciously... I mean it’s not like we go round wearing untanned animal carcasses and a penis gourd...

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know, when I read that piece, I did think about your mantra about having run out of f***s to give....
From prom is the most reliably useful CM blogger and of course a lot of fellows hate to stand out and it’s good that he can address that but how much more satisfying to dress less self-consciously... I mean it’s not like we go round wearing untanned animal carcasses and a penis gourd...
Well, I don't always wear animal carcasses, but when I do I prefer them to be tanned. And, yes, if you are self-conscious I don't see how you can be truly comfortable in your clothes.

Badenoch

Reaction score
Today seemed like good linen weather. Does anyone have a tailor that they would recommend to add an additional sleeve for the third arm I'm growing after my final vaccine dose? :rotflmao: Actually, in all honesty, I've had absolutely no side effects whatsoever from either vaccine. Just soreness at the injection site.

20210409_092042.jpg

Last edited:

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads