• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nubirth

Reaction score
The weather in NYC has returned to spring-appropriate temperatures, and the sun is out, allowing one to dress without fear that one's dry cleaner will suddenly become richer.

As it is, over this weekend, a surprise package arrived at our house, a gift from a good and very generous friend, containing a pair of boots for both myself and my husband, our first pairs of Cobbler Union shoes for either of us. The boots have proved comfortable straight out of the box, and, for me, will get their first road test later on this afternoon.

Searching around my closet for a suit that would complement these boots, the next suit in rotation happened to be this dark brown flannel - perhaps a bit hefty to wear on a sunny spring day, but without a hat, it should not be much too much insulation, and a good match for the boots.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - Joseph A. Bank
Braces - Albert Thurston, via Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Victoria & Albert Museum, London
Pocket square - New & Lingwood
Boots - Cobbler Union

View attachment 1587517

Did you have your T.M. Lewin sleeves altered to length? They look good.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you have your T.M. Lewin sleeves altered to length? They look good.

It was pure luck of the photographs - the sleeves got longer and stuck out more as the day progressed . . .

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Temps dipped over the weekend. Wore to mass on GF.
C4E065D9-7799-4E70-B97D-6357D38435D8.jpeg

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, have been wearing yellow shirts in most of my recent posts. Yellow shirts were very popular in the sixties but for some reason since then, people have stopped wearing yellow shirts.

I wore yellow shirts in the sixties and still wear yellow shirts. Here I am wearing a yellow OCBD shirt on the porch of an abandoned ice cream shop on Hillhurst Avenue.

IMG_6336.jpg

Brooks Brothers blue blazer, yellow OCBD shirt, and tie, Jim Thompson pocket square, Trafalgar alligator belt, Orvis trousers, Polo Ralph Lauren argyle socks, and Allen-Edmonds suede shoes.

For fans of "Piece-Of-Person" pictures, a piece of a person wearing a yellow shirt at the Alcove Cafe on Hillhurst Avenue and showing how well yellow shirts go with yellow flowers, yellow pocket squares, yellow cakes, and Peach Bellinis picture.

IMG_6347.jpeg

Yellow shirts are also the perfect thing to wear when doing impersonations of Shakespeare on the Shakespeare Bridge on Franklin Avenue in the Franklin Hills.

IMG_6356.jpeg

Keeping things yellow, the yellow house on the corner of St. George and Lyric in Franklin Hills where Mickey Mouse was born.

IMG_6358.jpeg

Don't know why people stopped wearing yellow shirts or why many people who post in this thread never seem to go outside.

I walked around outside for five hours yesterday.

Badenoch

Reaction score
One of my favorite sports jackets (eBay find for $20) with a pair of Black Lapel MTM trousers, a MTM shirt from Indochino, and (though you can't see them) oxblood Park Avenue balmorals by Allen Edmonds (also eBay). Accessories include a navy and white silk pocket square from Banana Republic (that I got for $2 with free shipping!), Trafalgar braces in oxblood, and a Citizen "Radio Controlled" watch (that I got during an accidental markdown at Khol's for $50 - retail is supposed to be $550).

20210407_094104.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sun has finally breached the cloud cover today, here in NYC, and it remains mild and dry. I've not worn a pink shirt in quite a while, and thought that it was about time that I had, and today's suit, next in rotation on the suit rack, works well with pink.

Today's photos were created using the now-unstable home camera, a Canon Eos M6. The timer mechanism and autofocus lasted about two-thirds the way through the photo session - I needed human intervention for the seated shot. In the confusion of the moment, I also forgot to put my glasses back on - oh, well, now you know what I look like without glasses.

Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Joseph A Bank
Cufflinks - Turnbull & Asser
Braces - Albert Thurston
Pocket square - vintage Christian Dior
Shoes - Crockett & Jones, model name Weybridge
Face mask - New & Lingwood

IMG_5362.JPG

IMG_5356.JPG
IMG_5358.JPG
IMG_5359.JPG
IMG_5360.JPG
IMG_5361.JPG

Badenoch

Reaction score
The sun has finally breached the cloud cover today, here in NYC, and it remains mild and dry. I've not worn a pink shirt in quite a while, and thought that it was about time that I had, and today's suit, next in rotation on the suit rack, works well with pink.

Today's photos were created using the now-unstable home camera, a Canon Eos M6. The timer mechanism and autofocus lasted about two-thirds the way through the photo session - I needed human intervention for the seated shot. In the confusion of the moment, I also forgot to put my glasses back on - oh, well, now you know what I look like without glasses.

Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Joseph A Bank
Cufflinks - Turnbull & Asser
Braces - Albert Thurston
Pocket square - vintage Christian Dior
Shoes - Crockett & Jones, model name Weybridge
Face mask - New & Lingwood

View attachment 1588981

That ring is great too! Does it have any particular significance?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics