• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New square today.
20210301_094617.jpg
20210301_094820.jpg
Suit: Read Wall
Shirt: Benjamin
Tie: Panta
Square: Olof 1982

Overt

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I may wear this suit all week.

I think a different shirt and/or square would have been better. I tried a bunch of squares and settled for this one that matched the purple in the shirt.

That looks extremely cozy... what tweed is it? Looks similar to harris but with a slightly finer hand?

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks extremely cozy... what tweed is it? Looks similar to harris but with a slightly finer hand?
It's a vintage suit from the 60s by Cricketeer. No tags about the fabric unfortunately. It feels much lighter than Harris tweed.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somewhere around 73F here today.

IMG_6128.jpeg

Brooks Brothers blue blazer and repp tie, L L Bean blue OCBD shirt, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Leather Man blue surcingle belt with white fish on it, Orvis Nantucket Red trousers, white socks, and Allen-Edmonds penny loafers with pennies in them.

Close up of the penny loafers. Since the shoes were made in the Dominican Republic (like Bay Rum aftershave) put Canadian pennies in them to keep with the exotic theme.

If I put quarters in the penny loafers they would be two bit loafers and thusly twice as good as bit loafers.

IMG_6134.jpeg

For fans of "Piece-Of-A-Person" pictures, a piece of a person picture showing when you are 74 years old and still wearing ties you got at Brooks Brothers when they cost $6.50, the "Preppier-Than-Thou" frayed end look is easy to accomplish.

IMG_6133.jpeg

Sometimes wonder if I am the only person who ever goes outside. (Going outside again tomorrow, too.)

beneven

Reaction score

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wrong thread? Thanks. I always ask for measurements when I buy on eBay. I only buy the stuff I know will fit well. My tailor only lengthens my sleeves and sometimes takes the waist in or out. Vintage pieces always have beautiful natural shoulders. Such a pleasure.

Sorry, posted to the wrong thread :)

Dang. You really have an eye for it!

Do you just drill down to your size , 42R for example, and then go through patterns and look at styles? Obviously you'll have to find a pant/jacket set that matches your waist or can be alterable. I usually have trouble with the inseam length matching up.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CarusoThomSweeney-01.jpg
CarusoThomSweeney-03.jpg
CarusoThomSweeney-04.jpg
CarusoThomSweeney-05.jpg

Jacket: Caruso
Shirt: Bespoke
Tie: Thom Sweeney
PS: Poszetka
Pants: Manolo/Ströms
Shoes: C&J

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics