• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to why I don't see khaki pants paired with a navy blazer too often if at all. Is that not how life is done anymore?

Over the years I have posted many pictures in this group, most recently on December 18th 2020. Here it is again.

IMG_5822.jpeg

Here are a few from the past five years.

With a pink suit in the background.

P1050516.jpeg

On the way to Santa Barbara.

P1060216.jpeg

With white socks and penny loafers with pennies in them.

P1060363.jpeg

After a MOHS surgery at UCLA Medical Center.

IMG_0515.jpg

On the stairs where Laurel and Hardy filmed "The Music Box". When I was born I lived in the building on the left.

P1100389.jpeg

Camerashy

Reaction score
Monkey - nice jacket how was the sizing please did you have to size up for the Italian sizing and did you have to pay customs, vat etc
Thanks

Last edited:

monkey66

Reaction score
Monkey - nice jacket how was the sizing please did you have to size up for the Italian sizing and did you have to pay customs, vat etc
Thanks

Thanks. It is the second Belvest I have in this model (G2200S). The size is a 42R/52R D6 and in this model is a very good fit for me (broad shoulders, barrel chest, 5' 9") with no obvious tailoring needed. The fit could always be better but I am very happy for OTS. I think Belvest is a really good value point for Italian, fully canvassed.

No extra VAT, no issues. @LuxGentleman were perfect.

Miles R.

Reaction score
I'm curious as to why I don't see khaki pants paired with a navy blazer too often if at all. Is that not how life is done anymore?
I had no idea that that pairing had ceased to be common. Perhaps I got so tired of seeing it everywhere during the 1980s and 1990s that I never noticed that it had gone away.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There has been a definite temperature drop here in NYC, making it possible for me to don today's overcoat, which is very warm - too warm until temperatures go below freezing.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt & pocket square - Brooks Brothers
Tie - London York
Cufflinks - Joseph A Bank
Braces, scarf, & face mask - New & Lingwood
Boots - Paul Stuart house brand
Overcoat - Brooks Brothers
Hat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center, NYC

IMG_5074.JPG

IMG_5068.JPG
IMG_5069.JPG
IMG_5070.JPG
IMG_5071.JPG
IMG_5072.JPG
IMG_5073.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads