• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Third trousers I commissioned from Whitcomb & Shaftesbury this time.
I am pretty happy with them, think they do good work - and for the price they are unbeatable
P1010005.JPG
P1010002.JPG
P1010023.JPG
P1010039.JPG
P1010033.JPG
P1010014.JPG

Attachments

• P1010020.JPG
    P1010020.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 36

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC today is sunny but cold, and I've layered up for what should be a chilly afternoon.

Included in this post is documentation of my chore for last evening - re-organizing my shoe closet. One never knows how much one owns until one tries to move it around.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Waistcoat - Ede & Ravenscroft
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Zegna
Cufflinks - Victoria & Albert Museum, London
Braces - Paul Stuart
Pocket square and face mask - New & Lingwood
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
Overcoat - Brooks Brothers
Scarf - Paul Stuart
Hat - Laird, London

IMG_5046.JPG

IMG_5039.JPG
IMG_5040.JPG
IMG_5042.JPG
IMG_5043.JPG
IMG_5044.JPG
IMG_5045.JPG

IMG_5030.JPG
IMG_5031.JPG
IMG_5032.JPG
IMG_5033.JPG
IMG_5034.JPG
IMG_5035.JPG
IMG_5036.JPG
IMG_5037.JPG
IMG_5038.JPG

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC today is sunny but cold, and I've layered up for what should be a chilly afternoon.

Included in this post is documentation of my chore for last evening - re-organizing my shoe closet. One never knows how much one owns until one tries to move it around.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Waistcoat - Ede & Ravenscroft
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Zegna
Cufflinks - Victoria & Albert Museum, London
Braces - Paul Stuart
Pocket square and face mask - New & Lingwood
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
Overcoat - Brooks Brothers
Scarf - Paul Stuart
Hat - Laird, London

View attachment 1539327

My word, that's a lot of shoes. Do you mind me asking how many pairs?

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My word, that's a lot of shoes. Do you mind me asking how many pairs?

There are about 65 pairs of shoes/boots/sneakers as shown in the photos. There are a few pairs to be deaccessioned as the closet is over capacity.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Spanish Colonial Revival tile stairway and me.

IMG_5943.jpeg

Brooks Brothers Brookstweed jacket and BB#1 stripe tie, L L Bean blue and white University stripe OCBD shirt and corduroy trousers, Thomas Pink pocket square, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

Those of us who have had the good fortune to have lived most of our lives before the internet was invented can still remember when people buttoned their jackets any way they wanted.

Then the internet was invented and a gaggle of silly twits starting making up totally ridiculous "rules" about buttoning jackets.

Always remember your jackets are your property. You went to work to make the money to pay for your jackets and no one has the right to tell you how to button your jacket.

Here's yet another example from the Golden Era before the internet was invented. It's a picture I found on the PBS website in a slideshow related to the program, "The Unseen Alistair Cooke".

Here we can all see Alistair Cooke with only the bottom button buttoned on a three button jacket.

unseen-alistair-06-1920x1080-1-1920x1078.jpeg

gavspen

Reaction score
There are about 65 pairs of shoes/boots/sneakers as shown in the photos. There are a few pairs to be deaccessioned as the closet is over capacity.

You're a grown up Upper, and will certainly live your life without interference from me, ;) but if I may ask, How many of the 65 pairs are actually in the rotation with any frequency? More than, say half a dozen times a year? I've got about 22 pairs and some them havent seen the light of day in some considerable time!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're a grown up Upper, and will certainly live your life without interference from me, ;) but if I may ask, How many of the 65 pairs are actually in the rotation with any frequency? More than, say half a dozen times a year? I've got about 22 pairs and some them havent seen the light of day in some considerable time!

That's a fair question. I do try to wear things I've not worn in a while, and re-sorting the collection has jogged my memory as to what I actually own, but, yes, unless I become a millipede, I am not likely to wear the entire collection often. Some shoes are season-specific (the black/white spectators, etc.), which limits their usage, but some just get forgotten.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a fair question. I do try to wear things I've not worn in a while, and re-sorting the collection has jogged my memory as to what I actually own, but, yes, unless I become a millipede, I am not likely to wear the entire collection often. Some shoes are season-specific (the black/white spectators, etc.), which limits their usage, but some just get forgotten.
One poster here wears several pairs of shoes per day. He apparently wears a pair to work, changes to a different pair when he gets home and then sometimes a third pair upon going out to run errands or go to dinner.

gavspen

Reaction score
One poster here wears several pairs of shoes per day. He apparently wears a pair to work, changes to a different pair when he gets home and then sometimes a third pair upon going out to run errands or go to dinner.

I confess that hadnt occurred to me, but you know, it makes sense to a degree. I myself wear sloppy sneakers around the house but will change into real shoes to go out. Sometimes. Haha.

wildcat10

Reaction score
Today I wore suede chukkas for WFH, followed by sneakers for workout, followed by driving mocs for a relaxing evening at home. But certainly nothing as nice as what is in @upr_crust 's collection.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads