• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Defiantly a blazer, I think the trousers are wrong so everything is suffering. The fit was better last time I wore it, perhaps in denial abut too many lockdown pounds ?

Seeing the pictures on-line I am a bit conflicted about this outfit.
The jacket looks fine when it isn’t buttoned, but a little snug when buttoned, and the buttoning point looks quite high. I think the previous poster is right about the trousers not being the right formality.
Love the shoes!

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This. This is what’s largely missing from the thread these days. Beautifully coordinated, but not jarring or over the top. A quiet kind of elegance that nonetheless draws the eye.
Agreed. Well done, even down to the square. Reminds me of @Balboa ’s post from a couple weeks ago. The pairing is visually alluring and yet comfortable. Elegant, as some would say. The texture alone make me miss cold weather.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something New For The Old!

20210118_220413.jpg

20210118_220628.jpg

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This. This is what’s largely missing from the thread these days. Beautifully coordinated, but not jarring or over the top. A quiet kind of elegance that nonetheless draws the eye.
Agreed. Well done, even down to the square. Reminds me of @Balboa ’s post from a couple weeks ago. The pairing is visually alluring and yet comfortable. Elegant, as some would say. The texture alone make me miss cold weather.

Thank you, gentleman, for the kind words. I often post fits that some consider jarring and/or over the top. Then I go and do something like this. I have home training. I just don't know how to act sometimes.

In regards to this particular outfit, I was actually apprehensive about it for a few reasons. I wore a bow tie a few weeks. Many thought it was too small in width, others thought it was fine. I very much like this bow tie and square together. The colors are almost an exact match. Some have mentioned in the past that it was too matchy. Lastly, I almost always wear bow ties with button down collars. I'm wearing a spread collar here. I wasn't sure how that would go over. The censors are either sleep, unoffended, or crafting their critique as we speak. Maybe your words will win them over.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, gentleman, for the kind words. I often post fits that some consider jarring and/or over the top. Then I go and do something like this. I have home training. I just don't know how to act sometimes.

In regards to this particular outfit, I was actually apprehensive about it for a few reasons. I wore a bow tie a few weeks. Many thought it was too small in width, others thought it was fine. I very much like this bow tie and square together. The colors are almost an exact match. Some have mentioned in the past that it was too matchy. Lastly, I almost always wear bow ties with button down collars. I'm wearing a spread collar here. I wasn't sure how that would go over. The censors are either sleep, unoffended, or crafting their critique as we speak. Maybe your words will win them over.

Nonsense. My grandfather always wore bowties with the same proportions. Most people tie their bowties far too wide and end up looking like a really bad, 80s prom date. A smaller bow is in better taste. I personally like batwings as well for this reason.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not as comfortable in a windowpane suit as the great @upr_crust but I do my best. Also, trying to find a use for a stripped tie, one of the 3 or 4 that I own (two have never seen the light of day; yet). Finally, robot poses for the win!

IMG_24161.jpg

IMG_22252.jpg
IMG_22262.jpg IMG_2387.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_23882.jpg
    IMG_23882.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 16

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fox flannel... Pic no. 3 best depicts how dark the cloth really is.
BFF18FC5-5B75-400F-96A1-F8A7E3565CF7.jpeg

71D1017F-117E-416D-A146-7CCACEA2E297.jpeg

97862CCC-96F3-452F-8948-D867C27B7DA8.jpeg

Suit: Cavour Mod2 in Fox heritage flannel
Shirt: SuSu Traveller
Tie: Drakes 50oz silk
PS: Shibumi Irish linen
Shoes: Carmina Adelaides in Buger last

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads