• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This Donegal, This Is About As Close To Snow As It Gets...

20210115_202429.jpg

20210115_203227.jpg

F08B0694FEE04D55A27ACCC1310DD645.jpg

A67E6A64F5EE47038A7A1FA30ADD8671.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A special weekend edition, for me. In NYC, we are, at present, still restricted to outdoor dining, which usually means that one dines in an unheated, or unevenly heated temporary space outside of a restaurant, normally built on the sidewalk or in the street. However, one restaurant (of which I know), La Grande Boucherie, is located inside of a permanent outdoor arcade, running through an entire north/south block, with heat curtains at each end of the arcade, making the outdoor space virtually as comfortable as indoor space. Needless to say, the place has become very popular during lockdown.

My husband and I decided to dine there this evening. My husband, who works from home, has been itching for an occasion for which to dress, and to eat dinner under nearly "normal" conditions (i.e. without freezing one's ass off) seemed as good an excuse as any to get dressed up.

My husband prefers to be behind, not in front of the camera, but I at least documented what I wore this evening for dinner.

Suit, braces, and face mask - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via Scully & Scully, NYC
Pocket square - no name brand
Boots - Cheaney
Overcoat - Adolfo
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason
Cap - Saks Fifth Avenue house brand

Note that I wore a flat cap instead of a proper hat for a very practical purpose - knowledge that the coat check would most likely not be available, and not wishing to wear a fedora during dinner, I wore the cap, which folded nicely into the scarf pocket of my overcoat, along with the scarf.

IMG_5017.JPG

IMG_5011.JPG
IMG_5012.JPG
IMG_5013.JPG
IMG_5014.JPG
IMG_5015.JPG
IMG_5016.JPG

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A special weekend edition, for me. In NYC, we are, at present, still restricted to outdoor dining, which usually means that one dines in an unheated, or unevenly heated temporary space outside of a restaurant, normally built on the sidewalk or in the street. However, one restaurant (of which I know), La Grande Boucherie, is located inside of a permanent outdoor arcade, running through an entire north/south block, with heat curtains at each end of the arcade, making the outdoor space virtually as comfortable as indoor space. Needless to say, the place has become very popular during lockdown.

My husband and I decided to dine there this evening. My husband, who works from home, has been itching for an occasion for which to dress, and to eat dinner under nearly "normal" conditions (i.e. without freezing one's ass off) seemed as good an excuse as any to get dressed up.

My husband prefers to be behind, not in front of the camera, but I at least documented what I wore this evening for dinner.

Suit, braces, and face mask - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via Scully & Scully, NYC
Pocket square - no name brand
Boots - Cheaney
Overcoat - Adolfo
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason
Cap - Saks Fifth Avenue house brand

Note that I wore a flat cap instead of a proper hat for a very practical purpose - knowledge that the coat check would most likely not be available, and not wishing to wear a fedora during dinner, I wore the cap, which folded nicely into the scarf pocket of my overcoat, along with the scarf.

View attachment 1537676

Forgive me, as you are always well dressed and I enjoy your posts immensely, but the pattern matching on that suit jacket is pretty poor. Did they try to alter the sleeves from the shoulder?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Forgive me, as you are always well dressed and I enjoy your posts immensely, but the pattern matching on that suit jacket is pretty poor. Did they try to alter the sleeves from the shoulder?
What's interesting to me is that the horizontal elements line up pretty well with the body of the jacket. It seems like whoever made it actively chose to line up the pattern there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads