• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score
Tie: Rubinacci via Luxeswap.
Shirt: Alton Lane.
Blazer, knit, and trousers which can't seem to sit right: Bonobos.
Square: Drake's.
Belt: Meermin.
Boots: J. FitzPatrick.
Whiskey: Suntory Toki.

JlogvEw.jpg

HzMHvAY.jpg

8RGqYTc.jpg

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There is something off about the proportions of this suit. Are these high rise trousers that you are wearing fairly low on your hips? It looks like the crotch is very low, making the jacket look short. It could just be the picture, but you are also showing 7 out of 8 shirt buttons, which leads me to believe it isnt my eyes playing tricks, but rather the pants being worn low. Are you quite tall?

induere_to

Reaction score
When Toronto goes into lockdown, my schedule opens up and I call my photographer.

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_9982.jpg

IMG_9965 2.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

That ACAB piece; :slayer:.

IMG_9984.jpg

Thank you always to Michael Moodie.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is something off about the proportions of this suit. Are these high rise trousers that you are wearing fairly low on your hips? It looks like the crotch is very low, making the jacket look short. It could just be the picture, but you are also showing 7 out of 8 shirt buttons, which leads me to believe it isnt my eyes playing tricks, but rather the pants being worn low. Are you quite tall?

The proportions are not ideal. The trousers are at best a medium rise. They tend to fall down a bit because I have a narrow waist and wasn't wearing suspenders. I am reasonably tall (188cm / 6'2) and have a long torso, which accentuates the problem. The jacket has a relatively high button stance and gorge. It's actually the same model as the brown flannel suit I posted a while back. That suit has the same problems but I guess the photos were better. I've tried to rectify these issues in the past via MTM, but those experiments ended in resounding failure.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree with @bdavro23. Something seems off about the proportions of the suit. Looks like it needs a longer or you need to hike your pants up a bit more.

Beautiful fabric, but the lapels need some more width IMO. The tie knot leaves something to be desired. It is neither dimpled or undimpled. You seem to be a fan of slim ties. No?

This seems very mismatch to me. The pants look like orphaned suit trousers and not in a "I'm independent and am being emancipated from parents" kind of way. I like the full break on them however. The lapels on the sport coat are neither notch nor peak. I dislike the texture of the cardigan. I think the color and the texture of the pants and sport coat are too similar. Not enough contrast. The polo coat is cool, but looks like it could use a good pressing. All in all, I like the top block, but think a different trouser could elevate this a lot.

Tie: Rubinacci via Luxeswap.
Shirt: Alton Lane.
Blazer, knit, and trousers which can't seem to sit right: Bonobos.
Square: Drake's.
Belt: Meermin.
Boots: J. FitzPatrick.
Whiskey: Suntory Toki.

JlogvEw.jpg

HzMHvAY.jpg

8RGqYTc.jpg

I would recommend that you tighten your tie, stuff your square in more, wear pants with a higher rise, and shorten the hem on your pants a bit. You don't necessarily need high rise pants, but the rise here looks very short. Nothing wrong with a break in your pants, but these go beyond full IMO. Enjoy your drink.

dapper3

Reaction score
I agree with @bdavro23. Something seems off about the proportions of the suit. Looks like it needs a longer or you need to hike your pants up a bit more.

Beautiful fabric, but the lapels need some more width IMO. The tie knot leaves something to be desired. It is neither dimpled or undimpled. You seem to be a fan of slim ties. No?

This seems very mismatch to me. The pants look like orphaned suit trousers and not in a "I'm independent and am being emancipated from parents" kind of way. I like the full break on them however. The lapels on the sport coat are neither notch nor peak. I dislike the texture of the cardigan. I think the color and the texture of the pants and sport coat are too similar. Not enough contrast. The polo coat is cool, but looks like it could use a good pressing. All in all, I like the top block, but think a different trouser could elevate this a lot.

I would recommend that you tighten your tie, stuff your square in more, wear pants with a higher rise, and shorten the hem on your pants a bit. You don't necessarily need high rise pants, but the rise here looks very short. Nothing wrong with a break in your pants, but these go beyond full IMO. Enjoy your drink.

Unfortunately, my journey in menswear got its start right when the SLIM tie, SLIM lapel along with EXTRA slim/SKINNY fit was fashionable and more often than not, the barometer. I've learned from that a great deal (financially to say the least lol). As such this is one of my earlier suits. Like you, I love the Harris Tweed fabric of this suit but the lapel width is just not what I am into these days. Even so, I refuse to part ways with it. I wish that there was a way to widen the lapels. It really sucks. As far as the tie, I've received some questions about it before. It is a Prince Albert knot with a small dimple. It's become one of my favorites. I am not into wide ties. I like anywhere between 2.75- 3 inches. In this ensemble I tried to match the lapel width with the tie width.

How do you part ways with stuff that is borderline your stye BUT can still get some wear out of?

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, my journey in menswear got its start right when the SLIM tie, SLIM lapel along with EXTRA slim/SKINNY fit was fashionable and more often than not, the barometer. I've learned from that a great deal (financially to say the least lol). As such this is one of my earlier suits. Like you, I love the Harris Tweed fabric of this suit but the lapel width is just not what I am into these days. Even so, I refuse to part ways with it. I wish that there was a way to widen the lapels. It really sucks. As far as the tie, I've received some questions about it before. It is a Prince Albert knot with a small dimple. It's become one of my favorites. I am not into wide ties. I like anywhere between 2.75- 3 inches. In this ensemble I tried to match the lapel width with the tie width.

How do you part ways with stuff that is borderline your stye BUT can still get some wear out of?

I hear you. I'm a fan of the Prince Albert/Double 4 in Hand knot as well. I have some narrower ties as well, but usually go with a four in hand or half windsor when I wear them because they don't tie good prince albert knots IMO.

In terms of getting rid of/transitions clothes, it's up to you of course. Many people go through the pain of growing out of menswear trends and replacing their wardrobe slowly, but surely. You just have to weigh how important that detail is to you. If it doesn't bother you keep wearing it.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always hate to post defensively; I’d rather get passive aggressive in responses. But I do think this jacket temperature is cooler than photo suggests. The deceptive warmer brown doesn’t sit right with the charcoal and black. As it appears IRL it works, IMO.

View attachment 1507455
I totally understand colors not being accurate. I hate trying to adjust color temperature in pictures. I think the pocket square does a good job tying the jacket and pants together. If anything I'd say the shirt/scarf are the most out of harmony here. A white, cream, or lighter blue shirt would go better with the brown/black combo IMO. The denim shirt appears too saturated, but it could just be the photo.

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really like this ensemble. Coud I ask which is more ttf on the colour, picture one or two?
Thank you.
I am not sure what you ask for, the light is terrible this part of year and distorts the colors - they are not so bright irl
The jacket was bought ages ago at Corte del Inglese in Sevilla, Spain
Shirt is MTM from Turnbull & Asser
Tie is from Charles Tyrwhitt
Pocket square is from Drake's

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads