• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some people like to get their watches into the pictures they post. I like to get my car into the pictures I post.

The Cube, a construction project, and me on a windy day.

IMG_5308.jpeg

Brooks Brothers tweed jacket and BB#1 stripe tie, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, L L Bean blue OCBD shirt and corduroy trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

For fans of "Piece-Of-A-Person" pictures, a piece of a person with a tarte tatin (an apple a day keeps the doctor away) and two macarons picture.

IMG_5305.jpeg

It's starting to get cold (by local standards) and windy outside. Looking forward to when we can eat inside again.

Many of my friends have been going to other counties (or even to other states) where they can eat inside.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pants...why so short?!
I always do "no break" on my pants but I agree this is too short, I don't recall them to be this short tbh, and clearly I didn't grow any taller in the past couple years...
Maybe I pulled my suspender too high as I tried to hide my Covid fat belly...

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

From the photos you have posted, I can tell that you are a tall person that could benefit with the use of higher rise trousers, somewhere close to the point of buttoning of your jackets, maybe somewhere between the two buttons: this would change completely the proportions of your outfits giving, IMHO, a more balanced result. Somehow I feel that the upper part is too long compared to the bottom part...

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the photos you have posted, I can tell that you are a tall person that could benefit with the use of higher rise trousers, somewhere close to the point of buttoning of your jackets, maybe somewhere between the two buttons: this would change completely the proportions of your outfits giving, IMHO, a more balanced result. Somehow I feel that the upper part is too long compared to the bottom part...
You could be correct however I don't own any MTO so I don't have a lot of choice buying OTR. I will however pull my pants up higher and see if that looks more balanced. I'm 6' tall.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could be correct however I don't own any MTO so I don't have a lot of choice buying OTR. I will however pull my pants up higher and see if that looks more balanced. I'm 6' tall.
Yes, I know that OTR high rise trousers are difficult to find, as they are not what most people look for, nevertheless some brands offer a few models that you could get, such as Spier and Mackay.

I don't know if those would be easy for you to buy, so you could give them a try. This is just an example among others:

This is what I am trying to say related to proportions between the upper and the bottom part of an outfit. The higher rise of the trousers makes a big difference.

9323430f3332d6939879b9bf96d7aca4.jpg

Last edited:

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I know that OTR high rise trousers are difficult to find, as they are not what most people look for, nevertheless some brands offer a few models that you could get, such as Spier and Mackay.

I don't know if those would be easy for you to buy, so you could give them a try. This is just an example among others:

This is what I am trying to say related to proportions between the upper and the bottom part of an outfit. The higher rise of the trousers makes a big difference.

9323430f3332d6939879b9bf96d7aca4.jpg
I recently purchased these from S&M. While they aren't true high-rise they do ride higher than any other pants I own.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_499.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_499.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 51

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads