• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score
Today's outfit: Find the Corduroy.

Threads cited:

Items purchased new: Brooks Brothers linen suit jacket, shirt, and flannel trousers; London-York Tie; Allen Edmonds laceups; goldtoe socks.

Items purchased pre-owned from eBay, thrift, & consignment: Trafalgar braces; tie bar.

Pocket square from grandmother's quilting drawer.

Fedora: Goorin Brothers, Charleston.

Timex Weekender watch with Smart Turnout watch band.

Glasses and sunglasses: Warby Parker

Glasses and sunglasses: Warby Parker.

#VintageStyleNotVintageValues #stylishacademic #professorstyle #fashionintheclassroom #BlackLivesMatter

20201021_120035.jpg 20201021_120250.jpg

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1481664
Dude, you're killing yourself with those photos. Everything looks like plastic. I love Magnannis, but yours look terrible.

I just think you would have more fun and get more feedback if you figure out how to get better pics.

Also show your face, at least once in a while. Hiding ones face literally reeks of insecurity. There are only a few people here who dress well enough to overcome that negative stigma.
I'll agree with the need for better pics. The rest of your post regarding insecurity and showing my face once in a while is ridiculous. I don't show my face because this is the internet and this is about the clothes not my mug.
The shoes are beautiful but the pic does them little justice

megadork2000

Reaction score
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

jiredell

Reaction score
I'll agree with the need for better pics. The rest of your post regarding insecurity and showing my face once in a while is ridiculous. I don't show my face because this is the internet and this is about the clothes not my mug.

What a kind, thoughtful response to a tactless and stupid reaction to your posts.
Call me crazy for wanting a little more civility in online forums.

TheIronDandy

Reaction score

I'm glad my size was sold out, because I really don't need another pair of dark brown single strap monks! Really nice shoes.

I do agree you could benefit from better image quality, simply because you seem to buy pretty high quality stuff and it doesn't come through. As for showing your face, sod that if you don't want to. Maintain the amount of privacy you need to feel comfortable.

LuxLemon

Reaction score
Is it uncouth to ask, how much do people in this thread spend per year on clothing? I'm at ~$3K/year over the past few years and feel like I have nowhere near the wardrobe to make daily, super interesting fits like most on here. Granted that is between footwear, casual wear, athletic/athleisure, and CM so it doesn't go very far in each category.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it uncouth to ask, how much do people in this thread spend per year on clothing? I'm at ~$3K/year over the past few years and feel like I have nowhere near the wardrobe to make daily, super interesting fits like most on here. Granted that is between footwear, casual wear, athletic/athleisure, and CM so it doesn't go very far in each category.
I have no idea how much I spend on clothes per year. I don’t want to know. I’m afraid my wife might find out and then it’s curtains.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can spend 30k a year, it’s irrelevant just as it is irrelevant of the comments and judgments passed here by a few sometimes. Just enjoy what you possess and wear it as you like in good health! That is all that matters!!

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's outfit: Find the Corduroy.

Threads cited:

Items purchased new: Brooks Brothers linen suit jacket, shirt, and flannel trousers; London-York Tie; Allen Edmonds laceups; goldtoe socks.

Items purchased pre-owned from eBay, thrift, & consignment: Trafalgar braces; tie bar.

Pocket square from grandmother's quilting drawer.

Fedora: Goorin Brothers, Charleston.

Glasses and sunglasses: Warby Parker

Glasses and sunglasses: Warby Parker.

#VintageStyleNotVintageValues #stylishacademic #professorstyle #fashionintheclassroom #BlackLivesMatter

View attachment 1481795 View attachment 1481796

Corduroy underwear?

Where is that website someone put together about the number of possible combinations for two three-piece suits? I have to see if I can find it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads