• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hola!

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the fabric and the fit but I think the size of the patch pockets makes the bottom of the coat look a little too elongated to my eye.

Hardly detracts but that’s the second thing my eyes saw.
I can see that. But for practical purposes, I'd rather have more room than less for shotgun shells, waterfowl, newspapers and/or newsboy caps. You know, practical things.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can see that. But for practical purposes, I'd rather have more room than less for shotgun shells, waterfowl, newspapers and/or newsboy caps. You know, practical things.

Hahaha oh absolutely, it would be a shame to lose a mallard after a hard day out on the hunt all because your pocket was too short.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dbbradle

Reaction score
Great suit. Awesome pockets. I think the texture of the tie is too close to the texture of the suit. Not sold on this shirt being worn with a suit either, but it looks nice. Where are the tie and suit from?

Both items are from NMWA (Tie Your Tie, Formosa). I've wanted to try this shirt with a suit for a while so I went for it, but I think it's best left on its own or layered under some knitwear.

JJ Katz

Reaction score

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really great suit, etc. but I really think it would have benefited from a blue or at least white shirt to balance the expanse of warm-shade tweed.
I can see that. I had a white shirt out as an option today, but end up going with this shirt because the green tie made sense. Given how light the suit is, I had a hard time picking out a tie. What do you think, white shirt and which tie? Or something else.

9F769229-7D5A-46EE-94B3-8948D0F7C131.jpeg

Last edited:

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great suit. Awesome pockets. I think the texture of the tie is too close to the texture of the suit. Not sold on this shirt being worn with a suit either, but it looks nice. Where are the tie and suit from?
Both items are from NMWA (Tie Your Tie, Formosa). I've wanted to try this shirt with a suit for a while so I went for it, but I think it's best left on its own or layered under some knitwear.

Love the suit. I think it could work with the shirt, but no tie, post-covid casual suit sort of look.

I slightly disagree with AAS about the tie/suit. It could work relaly well with a pale blue shirt, or white shirt in a poplin or other smooth fabric.

Who makes the shirt?

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads