• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross-post from the MTM Thread:

I'm going to a wedding today, so I thought I'd share my get up for the day. This is a Dormeuil mohair/ wool navy suit in standard two button, notch, flap configuration. Personally, I think this suit looks great and is pretty close to ideal for me in terms of silhouette. If I'm honest, I'd probably like just a touch more room in it, especially the thighs of the trousers. The suit is made to the same measurements as the grey one I posted earlier, but they fit differently. Manufacturing tolerances are around 1/4 of an inch, so theorectically, you could have as much as 1/2 an inch difference between two garments if they cut and sew on opposite sides of the line. Thats unlikely, but it could happen. The other thing that makes this suit fit a little closer than I'd like is the mohair, since it tends to be on the stiffer side.

Anyway, it isnt uncomfortable, I'd just prefer a bit more room. Pictures:

PXL_20201008_163808414.jpg

PXL_20201008_163815507.jpg

PXL_20201008_163831222.jpg

PXL_20201008_163856357.jpg

PXL_20201008_163926829.jpg

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross-post from the MTM Thread:

I'm going to a wedding today, so I thought I'd share my get up for the day. This is a Dormeuil mohair/ wool navy suit in standard two button, notch, flap configuration. Personally, I think this suit looks great and is pretty close to ideal for me in terms of silhouette. If I'm honest, I'd probably like just a touch more room in it, especially the thighs of the trousers. The suit is made to the same measurements as the grey one I posted earlier, but they fit differently. Manufacturing tolerances are around 1/4 of an inch, so theorectically, you could have as much as 1/2 an inch difference between two garments if they cut and sew on opposite sides of the line. Thats unlikely, but it could happen. The other thing that makes this suit fit a little closer than I'd like is the mohair, since it tends to be on the stiffer side.

Anyway, it isnt uncomfortable, I'd just prefer a bit more room. Pictures:

PXL_20201008_163808414.jpg

PXL_20201008_163815507.jpg

PXL_20201008_163831222.jpg

PXL_20201008_163856357.jpg

PXL_20201008_163926829.jpg
Clean. Who's the maker?

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suits you.
I just feel that a three button coat would work better for you.
Maybe because of your hairstyle, same as mine.
A 3 button coat would work better for a persons hairstyle? Huh? Wha?
That suit is a great color and fits well.
3 button for a hairstyle? Now I've read it all.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A melange of patterns. Not everyone’s cup of tea, but I love the top block. I wish I had worn gray pants instead of khaki.
View attachment 1479033
View attachment 1479035 View attachment 1479036
View attachment 1479034

A thought, feel free to do with it what you will:

I think the jacket is a touch oversuppressed in the waist, which compromises the overall shape of the coat. Softening the middle would lessen the tension thats showing in the quarters, but also create a better flow form the chest down.

Always enjoy your posts, thanks for sharing.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A thought, feel free to do with it what you will:

I think the jacket is a touch oversuppressed in the waist, which compromises the overall shape of the coat. Softening the middle would lessen the tension thats showing in the quarters, but also create a better flow form the chest down.

Always enjoy your posts, thanks for sharing.
I completely agree. I have a love hate relationship with this jacket. It definitely needs to be altered. I’ve gained weight during the pandemic so the jacket is tighter than usual, but it was still on the slimmer side pre-COVID. I also need to shorten the sleeves.

Thanks for the feedback. I’m glad your enjoy my outfits. I’m also glad you started posting outfits of your own. I think they’re great. Keep it up.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I completely agree. I have a love hate relationship with this jacket. It definitely needs to be altered. I’ve gained weight during the pandemic so the jacket is tighter than usual, but it was still on the slimmer side pre-COVID. I also need to shorten the sleeves.

Thanks for the feedback. I’m glad your enjoy my outfits. I’m also glad you started posting outfits of your own. I think they’re great. Keep it up.
Is it the jacket sleeves that need shortening or the shirt sleeves that need lengthening?

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a local place.
You‘ve got a pretty good fit there. Looks good.
My preference is to lean towards slim cut strides. I don’t like the look or feel of trouser hems flapping around the ankles. But when I see that much shoe as you’re showing it looks off balance to me - if you added another inch or two to the leg opening you’d still have slim strides but it would look more balanced at the bottom end. I kept telling blekit this till he finally caught on. I’m not in favour of the current pendulum swing towards loose, pleated, baggy strides. There’s some vague formula about the front crease of your strides reaching half the length of your instep or something like that, which need not be prescriptive but there’s some method in the madness there.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the red carpet.

IMG_5271.jpeg

Brooks Brothers blue blazer, blue PPBD shirt, BB#1 stripe tie, and red and blue paisley pocket square, Orvis trousers, and Allen-Edmonds suede shoes.

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Reactions: psb

psb

Reaction score
It's funny to me because when I saw the first picture and then the rest I thought you must live somewhere like Germany and then I see at the bottom "Southern Germany". No idea why Germany came to me but I guess I was right in some way.
Interesting, from my point of view there is nothing typically German ?? on the images ?.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads