• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cr2596

Reaction score
I quite like that color. Would it be called "tobacco"? And is the material linen? The cut looks like Spier and McKay to me, except that the breast pocket is better placed (S&M tend to place the pocket too high to allow one to display a pocket square to advantage). That pocket does look a bit overpacked, though.
Thank you. Cigar linen from S&M, yes. The breast pocket is really small. My tiny linen square is still too much for it, I agree. But, the color of the suit is quite striking and needs to be broken up.

jiredell

Reaction score
Nice look. Tell me about this suit. It has an interesting gorge in both height and shape.
Thanks. This is the one bespoke suit that I own, although I’m soon to pick up my second, and I’ve been posting about that in the on ongoing bespoke projects thread. The thing that I had mostly specified when ordering the suit was that I liked a notch lapel that is slightly more horizontal—or closer to something like a fish mouth lapel. Hence the gorge as it is. I probably would’ve gone even more fishmouthy, but the guy who made this suit, he knows what he’s doing, and I trust him and I’ve been very pleased with the result.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. This is the one bespoke suit that I own, although I’m soon to pick up my second, and I’ve been posting about that in the on ongoing bespoke projects thread. The thing that I had mostly specified when ordering the suit was that I liked a notch lapel that is slightly more horizontal—or closer to something like a fish mouth lapel. Hence the gorge as it is. I probably would’ve gone even more fishmouthy, but the guy who made this suit, he knows what he’s doing, and I trust him and I’ve been very pleased with the result.

It is indeed fishmouthy. Very french. The suit fits you well.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PoW flannel DB

81C4A056-8D69-4D7B-B006-0A33B292FC2D.jpeg

2B8DD142-F7FF-44EC-A442-B9241DD17453.jpeg

C457A50D-9774-4C3C-9CCD-BD3D32195F9B.jpeg

cr2596

Reaction score
Suits you.
I just feel that a three button coat would work better for you.
Maybe because of your hairstyle, same as mine.
I’ve considered a double breasted coat, for this reason. A hard three lives up to its name for me. Not my thing.
Those shoes

Miles R.

Reaction score
Dressed for a cool autumn day (which turned out not to be cool enough to require the sweater). New tie, in ancient madder from Shibumi.

2020.10.17 (1).JPG

Choice of socks perhaps not ideal, as they don't pick up any prominent colors from the upper half of my outfit, but I think they look okay with the shoes and trousers.

2020.10.17 (2).JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads