• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is your stand-in, right? Can't be you. You're wearing pants where the marks of the previous owner show in the indelible cuff crease marks. The dumpster out back awaits these. You've plenty of other pants. You don't wanna look like you're wearing hand-me-downs from strangers. You're the main reason I visit this thread. Don't let me down.
That’s not what that mark is. I placed a temporary cuff on the pants before I had the waist taken in and had them properly cuffed by my tailor. The crease is my fault and not from the previous owner. I take full responsibility. Full disclosure: if I haven’t already, I will let you down and I’m ok with it. You’ll be ok.

samtalkstyle

Reaction score
What do we call the winter equivalent of an indian summer??
Whatever it is, we Australians are having an extended one.

These trousers normally drape more cleanly, but my knees tend to sit backward when I stand (hypermobile), and I'm not sure what can be done to alleviate problems caused by that yet. Other than trying to strengthen the joints.

img_2592.jpg

megadork2000

Reaction score
How big are those cuffs???

Doesn't matter the next time yo see them they will be significantly smaller. I think I was drinking to much SF koolaid the day I made those pants. I'm gonna rob material from those cuffs to lengthen the legs and raise the hang low. Even I don't need that much crotch space.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter the next time yo see them they will be significantly smaller. I think I was drinking to much SF koolaid the day I made those pants. I'm gonna rob material from those cuffs to lengthen the legs and raise the hang low. Even I don't need that much crotch space.
That would certainly help no doubt!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC has cooled a bit, but remains dry and partially sunny, and the progression of double-breasted suits continues.

Today's suit is one I had made for me at Brooks Brothers some 10 years ago, and which I had significant surgery performed on recently by my alterations tailor. It was, like my BB MTM suit worn Tuesday, made by Martin Greenfield, and was cut to the very full proportions of Brooks' Madison silhouette. It was suggested, not without reason, that Tuesday's suit, even with the latest alterations made, no longer flattered me, and suffered in comparison to Monday's navy DB from Paul Stuart's. I believe that today's suit has fared a bit better in that regard - either I was closer in size 10 years ago to what I am now, or my alterations tailor did a better job reshaping this suit than he did the navy DB.

Along with this suit from Brooks, I'm wearing a Brooks MTM shirt, a shirt made erroneously in a fabric not of my choosing, which, eventually, the MTM staff at Brooks' former home at One Liberty Plaza gave to me. It is not the easiest shirt with which to combine into an outfit, but I occasionally enjoy a challenge.

Suit & shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Harvie & Hudson, London
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
Braces - Lewin
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Carmina
Face mask - New & Lingwood

IMG_4552.JPG

IMG_4547.JPG
IMG_4548.JPG
IMG_4549.JPG
IMG_4550.JPG
IMG_4551.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics