• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopsack
fullsizeoutput_41d.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_41e.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_419.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_41b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_41c.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_41a.jpeg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather continues sunny and comfortable here in NYC. After a day of multiple errands yesterday (including a fitting with my alterations tailor, who is putting back the shape into a couple of my BB MTM suits I had let out a year ago, during a period of relative fatness - I should have them back later this week), I am back to suits.

Someone asked me recently about a source for collar bars, which put the idea into my head to actually wear one today - I am easily suggestible.

Suit, tie, shoes and braces - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, London
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Face mask - New & Lingwood

IMG_4463.JPG

IMG_4463.JPG
IMG_4458.JPG
IMG_4459.JPG
IMG_4460.JPG
IMG_4461.JPG
IMG_4462.JPG

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A touch longer jacket and a lower buttoning point would be more flattering on you. The current buttoning point is a couple inches above your natural waist, which has the effect of widening the midsection. You look pretty fit and trim, so having a buttoning point slightly below your natural waist allows the jacket to narrow and create a nice V shape from the chest and shoulders.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patches, I'm depending on ya Son.

I'm trying to be faster and more realistic in my fit pics. Kinda like,"What you see is what you get."
View attachment 1463471 View attachment 1463472 View attachment 1463473 View attachment 1463474
Not bad MD, but this is what :foo: would have called ‘squarefail’ - non of the colours on the pocket square (at least on my monitor!) bear any connection to any other colours that you’re wearing in your shirt or tie therefore it’s usefulness is negated.

Another of his edicts , which I won’t say I’m on board a hundred percent with but it’s an interesting approach, was to never use a pocket square with a small pattern that could be used for a tie. It’s a total noob move to wear perfectly matching tie and square, but even more advanced dressers sometimes use squares in small neat patterns (geometric, paisley etc) which are more suited to ties and when worn as a square often ‘compete’ with a tie that has patterns in a similar scale.

megadork2000

Reaction score
Also tan and tan duh

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads