• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

megadork2000

Reaction score
You got a rip in your couch...
sfr1.PNG
sfr2.JPG
sfr3.JPG

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score
Today's outfit: Not quite fall. Yesterday was Straw Hat Day, so I spent the evening cleaning and putting away the panamas, and changing my wardrobe over to fall. The wool and fedora (overshadowed by the umbrella) point to one season, but the floral tie points back to the previous.

Threads cited:

IItems purchased new: Grady Ervin DB jacket; Ballin trousers; Brooks Brothers shirt; Carlo Chiocchio tie; Allen Edmonds laceups; Goldtoe socks.

Items purchased pre-owned from eBay, thrift, & consignment: Carrot & Gibbs tie; tie bar.

Antique linen pocket square from a friend.

Fedora: Goorin Brothers in Charleston

Timex Weekender watch with Smart Turnout watch band.

Glasses and sunglasses: Warby Parker.

#VintageStyleNotVintageValues #stylishacademic #professorstyle #fashionintheclassroom #BlackLivesMatter

20200916_095405.jpg 20200916_143051.jpg 20200916_143211.jpg

loarbmhs

Reaction score
If they are cuffed, have the cuff removed and see if they can use the cloth to re-weave (French-American $$$) or possibly patch them they way they do with denim, where there are zig-zag stitches of the same color and a matching patch on the inside. The advantage you will (potentially) have is to use the cloth from the cuff to match to the pants.

I have had this done by my local tailor/seamstress with decent results, especially if it is on the inner thigh, you will barley if at all notice it when they are worn.

-DL
I think the operative word here is "decent." If you go the relatively less-expensive patch route, anytime you sit with your legs even slightly parted, everyone will see the patches, which to me is a terrible look. And if you go what you admit is the expensive $$$ french weave option, you might as well buy a new pair of pants for what the reweave will cost you. I was in even worse shape, since my patch was on a suit, so I had to retire both the jacket and pants, but I did it because the patch made it look like I couldn't afford clothes without patches.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

psb

Reaction score
To prepare for autumn season, no linen and no cotton today.

Details:
Suit: Sartoria Partenopea
Tie: Poszetka
Shirt: Eton
PS: Lanvin, Paris
Shoes: Alden 974
Socks: Bresciani
Watch: Glashütte vintage from the sixtieth.

###1.jpg
###2.jpg
###3.jpg
###4.jpg
###5.jpg
###6.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics