• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Royal_Airforce

Reaction score
8F140EEC-E2AF-4630-B704-21FFD9424693.jpeg

A short monologue on dramatic light, security-guarding and pocket-fisting

5AF697B0-D183-4CC0-958A-9ADC7E4B3D59.jpeg

C11AD66C-10B7-48FD-B0A7-EE3613E349A5.jpeg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Starting in the Renaissance, rulers, or other elites, would have that to which they would refer as a "cabinet of curiosities", a Wunderkammer, a collection of objects beautiful, rare, or odd. I am beginning to think that my wardrobe is exactly that - less a conventional wardrobe, and more of an accumulation of items that I have found of interest to me, most of which I find some excuse for to wear. As I tend to shop only during sale season, either I am the "trash collector", or I merely see the possibilities of items beyond the imaginations of the rest of the public - there is merit to either interpretation.

With today's attire, I am wearing one of the newest acquisitions, today's bow tie, snatched from the final sale pile of items at Paul Stuart's pop-up shop warehouse sale - a whopping $15 worth.

Sports jacket - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Ike Behar
Tie - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - DVVS, NYC (now defunct)
Trousers and pocket square - Brooks Brothers
Shoes - Crockett & Jones for Paul Stuart
Hat - Peter Grimm

IMG_4301.JPG

IMG_4296.JPG
IMG_4297.JPG
IMG_4298.JPG
IMG_4299.JPG
IMG_4300.JPG

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wild Strawberry Rabbit

Reaction score
This is another nice combo.
My current mission is to find a bright blue PoW jacket (or fabric to have one made). This one comes close to what I’m thinking of. Do you mind sharing the brand?
I’m currently having suit made from fabric like the one you are looking for. You can try Scabal Condor 703687 https://fabrics.scabal.com/en/catalogue#/product-detail/703687
The colour on their website is not very accurate unfortunately, in real life it is much deeper, darker and overall better looking colour. Much closer to the one on my picture.

58540542-BB6A-447B-9702-BDB818D7350B.jpeg

Reactions: psb

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m currently having suit made from fabric like the one you are looking for. You can try Scabal Condor 703687 https://fabrics.scabal.com/en/catalogue#/product-detail/703687
The colour on their website is not very accurate unfortunately, in real life it is much deeper, darker and overall better looking colour. Much closer to the one on my picture.

View attachment 1441305
Hey thanks lot for the tip that’s pretty close to what I had in mind. I’ll investigate further! Cheers!

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the train to Upland CA (where it was 102F) earlier today.

IMG_4870.jpeg

Brooks Brothers Madras jacket, ecru PPBD shirt, and Argyle socks, Roosterknit tie, Orvis trousers, and (made in 1984) Allen-Edmonds saddle shoes.

For fans of "Piece-Of-A Person" pictures, a piece of a person sitting outside (although it was 102F) at a Tea Party in Upland CA and having hot tea although the other nine people there were having iced tea picture.

IMG_4859.jpeg

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the train to Upland CA (where it was 102F) earlier today.

View attachment 1441696

Brooks Brothers Madras jacket, ecru PPBD shirt, and Argyle socks, Roosterknit tie, Orvis trousers, and (made in 1984) Allen-Edmonds saddle shoes.

For fans of "Piece-Of-A Person" pictures, a piece of a person sitting outside (although it was 102F) at a Tea Party in Upland CA and having hot tea although the other nine people there were having iced tea picture.

View attachment 1441697
...and how many of the other people were sporting jacket and tie in temperatures of 102F @Roycru ?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads