• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice! I have a black linen suit being made right now. I decided not to give B&B that extra 20% from VAT.
I don't judge at all. I bit my tongue through the entire payment process. You probably already saw my assessment on the B&B thread.

loarbmhs

Reaction score
That's an old one from Charles Tyrwhitt, they don't carry that colour anymore as it was a seasonal product. Their grenadine ties are excellent and produce excellent knots.
You might also check out the grenadine ties on the Sam Hober website. They're all custom made to your specs (length, width, lining, etc.) and cost only $21 more than Tyrwhitt's ready-made version. Not sure what color you're looking for, but Hober offers an extremely wide range of both color and thickness of the weave. They're also super-fast with production and their customer service is superb (send them an email anytime of day or night and you'll hear back from the owner in an hour or two!). Love their ties and get tons of compliments on them.

chatelet

Reaction score
You might also check out the grenadine ties on the Sam Hober website. They're all custom made to your specs (length, width, lining, etc.) and cost only $21 more than Tyrwhitt's ready-made version. Not sure what color you're looking for, but Hober offers an extremely wide range of both color and thickness of the weave. They're also super-fast with production and their customer service is superb (send them an email anytime of day or night and you'll hear back from the owner in an hour or two!). Love their ties and get tons of compliments on them.
Agreed.

blekit

Reaction score
Fresco and grenadine.
full_05_edited.png

details_01_edited.png

shoes_01_edited.png

full_04_edited.png

* suit by Dawid Kukliński
* Tyrwhitt shirt
* tie from Embassy of Elegance
* ps from Poszetka
* Alfred Sargent

pickergc

Reaction score

loarbmhs

Reaction score
lol understood. probably should have doubled the knot.

Glad I brought some mirth to your day.

I'm afraid that doubling the knot won't help much. The knot looks fine, just the way it is, and double wrapping will only shorten each end an inch or so at most. (The default tie position is for it to fall somewhere on the waistband of the pants.)

Not sure how tall you are, but I have troubles with standard ties and have been getting most of mine custom made at Sam Hober. You get to choose your exact specs on length, width, lining, keeper/no keeper, tipping, etc.—and all at a price that's roughly the same as a ready-made department store tie. Might want to check them out.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fresco and grenadine.
View attachment 1439484
View attachment 1439482
View attachment 1439485
View attachment 1439483
* suit by Dawid Kukliński
* Tyrwhitt shirt
* tie from Embassy of Elegance
* ps from Poszetka
* Alfred Sargent

Looks like David has your fit nailed down. Great suit

According to the weather forecast it's going to be cloudy and rainy today, so 16-17°C (60-62°F), decided towear something a touch heavier. Hoe the weather forecast doesn't trick me

Excellent use of dark gray trousers. Great pairing up top.

As someone who used to do graphic design and photography, the quality of my pictures from the iPhone Xr irks me deeply lol.

View attachment 1439601

I hope you plan to shorten the sleeves on the jacket. Nice neutral color palette. Tie is too long IMO.

For the first time in like 12-14 years I went to work without jacket and tie. But the heat is insane today. Had the linen shirt made for me, not so happy with the fit.
View attachment 1439637

Hippie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads